[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious Token Dungeon Specific Strats

Vicious Token Dungeon Specific Strats

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Token Dungeon Specific Strats

Postby Blovski on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Ooh, also, Western Jungle - DRAGON CANNON (Half-Dragon, using the infinite plant spawns from Getanadafix to whittle him to death. So cheap. So funny.

Hard Halls of Steel - Monk with Taurog. 65% both resists. Take Whurgarbl along to keep you entertained. Get an unstoppable feeling parched run with a Vicious Token and not an assassin. Punch Frank The Zombie to death.

Magma Mines - Taurog Monk is again pretty monstrous. Bring Whurgarbl and Smuggler's Den because flaming swords are cool and more blackspace is good for you, get to level 6-7, punch the magic resist boss to death, pop burning on the phys res boss and then have a good old fashioned regen fight with public enemy no. 1. Amuse yourself by doing it Warmonger with a timely conversion out :lol:
Last edited by Blovski on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blovski

Postby lolQuaff on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:16 am

lolQuaff

Postby Blovski on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:13 pm

OK, so, Naga City Vicious Token run down. Used an Orc Crusader of Binlor (with Dracul as my bonus surface god - Pactmaker would've been better, anyone else would've been not as good) with the obligatory Dragon Shield along with Patches. Venom Dagger was the only item of note I got. Completely cleared the surface and switched to Taurog for the armour, then back to Binlor and finally GG in the sublevel. Glyphs were the free Endiswal and Pisorf and until I dealt with TS in wave 2, Burndayraz (Goo in wave 3 I just used GG for). Used Alchemist's Pact to squeeze out an extra level up. Scholars is a great choice but I didn't want to stop myself going for consensus later so I figured I couldn't really leverage it.

Suck it, nagas :twisted:

8-)

Edit: Havendale Bridge chalked up for the bribing Taurogzerker. It is a hope-it's-not-goo scenario. GG might be easier.

Taurog Halfling Priest with the Balanced Dagger can get an easyish Warmonger win on Vicious Southern Swamp (or whichever the one with Jormungandr is). Hit level 6 or 7. Hit the boss. Hit the sauce. Hit the win button.
Last edited by Blovski on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blovski

Postby lolQuaff on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:18 am

Very nice Blovski! Well done
lolQuaff

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:38 am

Well done! It's always nice to see people win VT vicious runs without absolute cheese (read binlor paladin/goblin assassin). I generally find that Orc Berserkers of GG can take any vicious token dungeon, but I've also heard great things about goblin sorcerers.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby lolQuaff on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:27 am

VT Namtar's Lair down with a glorious potion quaffer.

Patches for resists and damage. He came through with the damage but no resists and mana burned me 4(!) times. Cauldron for epic health potions. Elite items for both kegs and alchemist scroll. Since I would be using potions pretty liberally I figured if I found the Alchemist scroll early I could get around +40hp from it which combined with resists and super potions it would have been awesome but it didn't show up.

To make this work I needed resists and for that I became one with Binlor. My targets were mainly physical attackers (zombies/shades) and for that I needed at least 2 stone skins for every fight. I was using pisorf/endiswall the entire time and pretty much never touched the fireball even after I found the Witchalok pendant because I was starving for piety the entire time. Had body pact early which worked out to about +20 resists by the end but I was really hoping for the no hassle Taurog/Drac for the physical resists.

Most of the potions went towards the first 2 forms. I was actually getting +20% on my heals during these forms. The second was definitely the toughest because it's a long fight and you are getting cursed/weakened/corroded a lot. You need a lot of popcorn saved up because the curse really hurts.

Witchalok pendant shined during the first 2 forms downstairs, letting me get in an extra hit here and there. It's actually tough down there because you work up to max magic res naturally but will have low physical resists.

This is probably not the best strat for VT Namtar's Lair but I really wanted to make it work. It turned out quite nicely :D
lolQuaff

Postby lolQuaff on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:36 pm

VT Demonic Library down with an EM Codex monk

Subdungeon for more space and bear mace mainly to position Avatar by the stairs so I could use saved up blackspace on the top floor but it was also useful for taking down death protections. Quest items for Wurrgarble/Martyr Wraps/Platemail. Ended up with Mage Plate and got good use out of that and Martyr Wraps helped a lot for the Avatar fight.

The plan was to target physical attackers almost exclusively to tank a lot of retaliations. Used EM for Vine Form a bunch, a lot of entanglements, and clearance for more fireballs and some breathing room. Shit got REAL crazy. By about the 3rd boss fight the majority of the map was covered with plants because I was getting out of control with the entanglements lol... I was forced to switch to GG even though I didn't want to just so I could kill the plants to clear the map as I couldn't even reach my targets anymore.

Finish off the final boss up top and finally find my third god which is Binlor. Desecrate EM and switch to him for Stoneform right away to erode Avatar's resistances. Used strictly endiswal for the entire Avatar fight for the resists/might/piety and eventually got Stone fist which helped a lot. Used a bunch of saved black space upstairs for regen and eventually took him out.
lolQuaff

Postby Lujo on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Cheers and applause!

That's one of my favourite strats (the halfling variant is also rather good) and it's my default way of handling non-sinergistic monk PQI's in general :)

EDIT: Was very impressed to see someone take it to vicious level!
Last edited by Lujo on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:46 pm

Nice! It's always cool to see vicious vicious wins beyond the known ridiculous strats (God Assassin, Binlor Pally, etc).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby lolQuaff on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:39 am

lolQuaff

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons