[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:29 pm

Yeah, goat is the worst. I'm surprised you got VGT before golding the other dungeons. I like saving the best for last. And to this day I don't think anyone has beaten VGT goatperson. It is doable with a lot of luck, but it is just too costly/too much of a chore to randomize for what you need.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:07 pm

I can barely win the normal dungeons with poor old goatface... I've no idea how I'm going to do Naga City with him.

Edit: and I still haven't beaten VGT yet. I once thought I had then realised I'd accidentally started hard.
Blovski

Postby lolQuaff on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:41 am

lolQuaff

Postby Blovski on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:36 am

*Finally* won VGT with the obligatory vampire and a selection of nice shiny badges to boot. I do like the dungeon but it just seems like such a big time sink even firing it up when the floor placement will just kill or make your run.

Edit: I'm tempted to say the Wicked Guitar is possibly the Vampire's best shop find on that one... will give the dungeon credit for switching up the item preferences :)
Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:50 am

Hmm... I don't know, I generally prefer platemail for vampires, but then again I run RBS on my Vamp build so platemail is great. The guitar is definitely a close second.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:09 pm

^

Yeah, I had the Platemail and RBS prepped, so the guitar was an awesome find. Hypothetically Dragon Shield with a Platemail find is a bit better but I don't have the patience to scum for it.
Blovski

Postby lolQuaff on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:13 am

VGT purist down! :D

Feels good :twisted:
lolQuaff

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Nicely done! Excluding Goatperson, that is probably the single hardest run there is.

The Avatar

Postby lolQuaff on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:56 am

lolQuaff

Postby flap on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:50 pm

I might sound really weak, but I am really proud to have earned the warmonger badge in the Den of Danger with a thief.
I am really early in this kingdom, so have only 15 gold and no powerfull item to prepare (nor gods).

Actually, I did not expect this task to be difficult. But without any magic, gods, nor powerfull items, and with a very limited choice of monsters, that poor thief was pretty naked against any kind of challenges. So I finally won that challenge with a bit of luck, and finally mastering a rather basic technic : mid-fight regeneration.

Up to now, I had spent much time finding an easy solution to compute when you would be able to fully regen fight a monster (recover health quicker than a monster, using all sorts of tricks). But never really investigated those cases where you can't regen quicker than your victim, but still need just a little bit of exploration to complete your health and give that final blow. At least, now, I can properly spot those situations and take advantage of them.
flap

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons