Fatal Error in GC - GETTHREADCONTEXT FAILED

Got a problem? Let us know!

Fatal Error in GC - GETTHREADCONTEXT FAILED

Postby IceBear on Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem that was posted in this thread on the Steam forums:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/226620/di ... 179493357/

I have ESET Smart Security and I have tried disabling it and whitelisting the Desktop Dungeons directory (heck, I tried my entire Steam directory).

The thing I have discovered is as long as it doesn't try loading a saved game it works. Right now, if I try to start the game I get the error in the topic title. If I delete the save folder it will load and I can play. Restore the save folder and it will crash again. Please help.

Regards,
IceBear
IceBear

Re: Fatal Error in GC - GETTHREADCONTEXT FAILED

Postby IceBear on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Something I have noticed, if I create a new kingdom and quit I don't have a problem starting over. However, once I finish the first dungeon (the one you start in) and get to the town screen I am done after that - it will always fail on start (yes, I've made it start as admin and tried various compatibility modes). I want to guess it's some sort of Windows 8 permission thing that happens when it tries to read the save files or something (I took ownership of everything and still same problem)
IceBear

Postby dislekcia on Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:19 pm

Are there any permissions to do with creating directories? The game tries to create a directory to store your completed runs in, can you zip up what your Saves directory looks like when the game is crashing and either post it here or email it to info@qcfdesign.com please?
dislekcia

Postby IceBear on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:47 pm

Sorry, I was out with my son most of the day. I'll send it along shortly.

Edit: And sent

Edit: I have noticed there's a weird permission set with a ? on it and all the permissions are greyed out in the deny area. Not sure what that is.

Edit: I just deleted that id, added Everyone and gave it full control but still the same error
IceBear

Postby IceBear on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Just emailed you the Report.wer file that Windows produced when it crashed last.
IceBear

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:40 am

There's a chance that updating the mono.dll that the game is bundled with might have an impact on this error. The next patch should have a more recent dll, hopefully.
dislekcia

Postby IceBear on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:54 pm

There's no way you can send the dll to me so I can test it? If not, when is the next patch due?
IceBear

Postby IceBear on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:01 pm

I copied the mono.dll file from the Nihilumbra game that I had installed and it works!
IceBear

Return to Support