Right click on Macbook?

Got a problem? Let us know!

Right click on Macbook?

Postby DaviddesJ on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:28 am

The standard way to right-click on a Macbook (trackpad, no buttons) is control-click (hold down Control key and click). But this doesn't work in DD? Is there another way? It seems like a bug/oversight but maybe I am missing something. Control-click works in every other application I use.
DaviddesJ

Re: Right click on Macbook?

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:44 am

We were made aware of this issue a few days ago. Should be patching soon to fix it.

Control-click has problems given that Control is a shortcut to your currently active altar, so we made Command-click behave like right click in our current test build. Is that acceptable, or should we rather kill the conflicting shortcut?
dislekcia

Re: Right click on Macbook?

Postby DaviddesJ on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:08 pm

I haven't played the game enough to know which is better. Command-click certainly seems acceptable.

Given that right-click doesn't seem heavily used in the game, another approach would be to create an alternative to right-click every time it would be used. E.g., instead of right-clicking on an enemy maybe you could click-drag to a "display" symbol to bring up its info. The advantage of that would be that it would also work on tablets, etc.
DaviddesJ

Return to Support