[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sorcerer BludToPowa Shennanigans

Sorcerer BludToPowa Shennanigans

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sorcerer BludToPowa Shennanigans

Postby FDru on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:29 pm

FDru

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:32 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:14 pm

Eh, there's very little talk of the sorcerer at all. There was a thread about viable VT run classess, and Avatar mentioned that he's herd good stuff about the sorcerer (namely the goblin sorcerer).

B2P is really good with sorcerers, and it's helped me do trickier sorcerer VT runs. If anyone's interested, here's my non-vicious routine.

Sorcerer, mystera, goblin, subdungeon + whatever. Crystal ball is good. If you want ease you can take magnet fireball but you lose a bit of efficency with your conversions. Then you play it like a straight up spellcaster, spam whatever untill you find fireball (or fireball) for mystera piety, get what you need from mystera (everything is good). B2P is a great find because stuff hits hard and health is wasted anyway. Unload with huge mana pool + mystic balance + refreshment + goblin level ups + crystal ball (you're practicaly an elf anyway).

It worked almost everywhere sub-vicious, but it doesn't work everywhere because mystera doesn't work in a few places due to specific hickups. However it's a very powerful and very reductive system, and I've been amazed time and time again at how powerful that 15 mana at start actually is and how easily it allows you to play a straight up spellcaster.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Urthop on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:57 pm

Urthop

Postby flap on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:19 pm

flap

Postby TheSchachter on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:27 pm

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Urthop on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:06 pm

I'd say it's rather crucial to add somewhere, especially considering Desktop Dungeons for the most part does an excellent job of documenting absolutely everything.

Maybe an 'Odd interactions' chapter, which lists various strange happenings with items/glyphs per character? Make it work like discovering God likes/dislikes to keep the surprise factor there for people that like that.

Well, that or just add it to the B2P text, that'd probably be the easiest.
Urthop

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons