Do purchases grant Android/Linux versions?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Do purchases grant Android/Linux versions?

Postby pouzzler on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Hello,
the last issue of "Canard PC" (an independant french gaming journal) featured a glowing review of Desktop Dungeons, so I decided I had to try it. There was a functional html5 demonstration on your website, well done and thanks for that.
I now feel like I have to own it... but I only have a Linux computer and don't plan on changing anytime soon, it took me 15 years of half-assedly trying Linux off and on before I mustered the courage to finally throw Windows to the trash can forever.
I would be willing to support QCF right now by buying the Windows version and trying to play it under Wine - provided I someday own the Android and/or Linux version for no additional money. So here's the question, does a single purchase grant access to all supported platforms, including future ones (or at least Linux ;) ), or will I have to postpone the purchase until my platform is supported?

Whatever your answer, my hats off to you for the review in this mag (they really ain't kind towards anyone, as they support themselves without ads and can afford to piss any and every gaming studio off), and for the fully playable html5 demo.

PS : I might have missed a similar thread, though I searched for "Linux" in the forums and read a few threads. My apologies if I did.
pouzzler

Re: Do purchases grant Android/Linux versions?

Postby dislekcia on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:49 pm

The Steam version will be updated with a Linux build once we finish updating to Unity 4. When that happens, your Linux Steam client will simply give you the option to install the game natively, that's it - no extra payment required. This is the same with both PC and Mac versions on Steam as well, owning one gets you all :)

The Android version of the game will probably be sold through a different storefront and I'm not sure if that means we'll be able to offer the same functionality. I assume not...

Also, the HTML5 version is pretty ancient now ;)
dislekcia

Postby pouzzler on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:46 am

Ok, thank you for the quick answer, and now it's time to download for me!
pouzzler

Postby Nurator on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:25 am

Congratulations, you wont regret it :) If you liked the html5 version, you will be blown away by the real game :D
Nurator

Postby pouzzler on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:21 am

It works very well with wine. I beat the Banker vampire and met some dwarves, and no problems so far, in case anyone wonders. Thanks again for the game.
pouzzler

Return to Desktop Dungeons