[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Thread Dejihack - Redundant god boons

Thread Dejihack - Redundant god boons

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Thread Dejihack - Redundant god boons

Postby Lujo on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:41 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Grakor456 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Grakor456

Postby Lujo on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:46 pm

See, I'm generally angling for TT, Dracul, MA, or JJ, and I don't really like their prep penalties so I usually just hope for the best. Sometimes I'll prep JJ because I want to guarantee getting him early. Binlor and EM I'll prep fairly often if I think they'll come in handy, and Taurog if I'm intending to go Warmonger anyhow. I don't otherwise like how much inventory he demands (Tinkers aside). GG I just don't usually like or want so I never prep him or often hope he'll show.
Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:51 pm

What do you find wrong with the MA penalty? I don't even remember what she's like if you don't prep her...
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:22 pm

The piety gain isn't ridiculous enough? Or maybe I just don't want to auto-win every time I play a caster. Heh.
Wargasm

Postby Astral on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Sorry if it counts as necroing but didn't want to make a new topic.

I agree that Enlightenment is rarely worth it, so how about giving it a secondary way of usage: If you take it with 0 beads in addition to it's current effects it gives a permanent conversion bonus, like +40%.
It is totally in harmony with GG's philosophy who "despises mundane dependencies". He rewards you for taking it one step further by not even collecting beads.
As for balancing it doesn't seem broken to me, since most CP heavy builds want to convert stuff from the start to pile up a huge bonus. You can't even grab Enlightenment easier by converting junk and potions like crazy, beacause you will undermine your total CP bonus.

Btw am I the only one who is bothered by indulgences not saving you from punishment if you convert Taurog's items?
What's the point then? If you want to convert those then you're probably not a meele only character, so the max mana costs you took were enough punishment already.

I'm okay with Stone Heart, it has a cool interaction with EM on narrow dungeons: You can make a lot of extra space for future plants at a low cost :lol:

A little buff to Poison would be cool. How about this: +1 base damage and with every new level you take, the piety bonus for inflicting poison raises by +2. (It still starts at 1, but aplies to APHEELSIK too)

What are your opinions?
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby flap on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Aaaah, a good old "balancing" thread. It had been a long time !
flap

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:30 am

Well since it's necro'd and since someone was asking about what's the plan for the future of DD, why not reach a bit of a consensus on this stuff? Few short thoughts:

- Enlightment - the flavor of it costing square 100 piety is probably too painfull to change, but 100 piety boons are in fact rather unwieldly even if they don't clash with a prep penalty. Chaos avatar had the same problem. Might be decent enough grounds for tweaking the price (what to do with the paladin then? make his price reduction not work on enlightment because you can't "cheapen your way to enlightment"?)

- TT poison - probably could get you piety on one hit kills for one thing. Would also make early TT worship more attractive, that has always been a popular demand. The problem with that is the potential horror of the allready tricky TT into GG conversion (but that's what you save undead for anyway, so IDK).

- Stone Heart - eh, the problem with Stone Heart is that if it works at all it works too well. There's allready too many reasons to prep Binlor untill you get bored (and then some). Don't know about slight tweaks, but like Weakening, it really ought to make you choose between it and everything else. I'm not even sure if that's balanced, because if you need it and it's strong, you'd probably trade anything for it.

- Indulgences saving you from Taurog - I actually like this. I like the idea of shenannigans that allow you to get more mileage out of Taurogs junk.
Last edited by Lujo on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:36 am

Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons