Brother, can you lend a kingdom?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Brother, can you lend a kingdom?

Postby georgetzortzis on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:22 am

Hi everyone. I am an obsessive Desktop Dungeons player who deleted his game to keep himself in check. I thought using the Steam backup feature would preserve my saved kingdom for when I didn't have to work so hard on my real job. It didn’t. So, tech support suggested ask the community if anyone out there has a saved game I could have that would get me close to where I left off. Otherwise, I don't think I can play the 15+ hours I already slogged through (this game is hard, I died a lot!). Below is a list of attributes my poor obliterated kingdom of Brokelyn possessed:

- I had the first two ranks of all the following classes: mage, fighter, thief, cleric

- I had the following races: humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes, and halflings

- I had the blacksmith upgrade with the three storage slots; I had the bank upgraded twice

- I had the demonic market upgrade that added four additional vending machines to each dungeon

- I was on the "Unlikely Hero" quest and still had not found the witch in a random subdungeon

- I had beaten the initial desert, jungle, ice, and _______ quests with the first and second rank hero classes (mage/wizard; warrior/beserker; etc. EXCEPT the Rogue). So the first tier of “hard” quests were unlocked but not completed.

- Puzzles were pretty much incomplete

- I found the plant god, chaos god, warrior god, pious god (with the beads), vampire god, and mage god

- The only class-based quests I’d completed were with the mage. The other 11 were still unconquered.

Please let me know if that’s enough information, or if there’s some other forum I should post the above to in order to find a close save. I’d be forever grateful to be able to feed my addiction again!

Take care,
George
georgetzortzis

Re: Brother, can you lend a kingdom?

Postby flap on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:57 am

Well, I have 2 kingdoms, and both are much more advanced than that...
flap

Postby TheSchachter on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:56 am

I *just* started a new kingdom for fun. If you like, I can get it to approximately your progress level and then send it to you, but I really can't say how long it would take for me to get there since my time for playing Desktop Dungeons is rather limited. I'd wait for other people to reply, but if no one else has an appropriate kingdom I don't mind uploading it once I get around that point.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Naoya on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:42 pm

I can get on making a new kingdom for you in the next few days, and send it to you if you like.
Any badges you've had ? And did you finish the begginer brigade quest? (Beating the den of danger with the 4 first tier classes)
Naoya

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:57 am

Okay, so after a few bouts of Desktop Dungeons-related procrastination, I've got what I *think* is a kingdom either identical or one quest off from your point of progress. I'd be happy to upload it, but my Saves folder confuses me a bit; perhaps one of the devs can help out? I have three folders, all of which have a gibberish titles. One is empty. For the other two:

- One folder has a subfolder of every kingdom I've ever created (which includes a number of test kingdoms I've since deleted).
- The other has subfolders for the four Kindgoms currently existing on my profile.

Both of these two folders have the same "last updated" date. What should I upload?

Cheers!
TheSchachter

Postby dislekcia on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:17 am

Just zip up the specific .sav file and corresponding subfolder for the individual kingdom you created. It doesn't matter which account folder you use - those are tied to your Steam and DD.net accounts and both should be identical in terms of progress on that particular kingdom.
dislekcia

Postby TheSchachter on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:43 am

I have the Kingdom all zipped up and ready for inter-dimensional travel :) That being said, either I'm blind or this forum doesn't allow attachments. So, quick question: Does anyone have a suggestion for file upload/sharing? I'm kinda paranoid about file sharing websites and I don't want to accidentally use something shady or untrustworthy XD
TheSchachter

Postby The Avatar on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:30 am

I'd recommend dropbox. It's worked well for me, and is relatively simple.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby TheSchachter on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:48 am

Oh, I didn't know I could just share a download link from Dropbox! Well, now I do :)

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/84m5480lbddjgpx/Kingdom.zip

Cheers
TheSchachter

Postby georgetzortzis on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:54 am

So, I'm really happy to say, Schachter pulled the situation from the brink. His substitute kingdom is spot on the same as my old Brokelyn. Really cannot thank the guy enough. If there's ever a chance to name a in-game badge after a good-samaritan, I nominate Schachter (even though I'll probably start binging on DD again!).
georgetzortzis

Return to Desktop Dungeons