[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Of Stats and Steam Cards

Of Stats and Steam Cards

All things Desktop Dungeons

Of Stats and Steam Cards

Postby GoatBot on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:06 pm

GoatBot

Re: Of Stats and Steam Cards

Postby Darvin on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:14 pm

There's quite a bit of "makes sense" entries due to stuff being acessible early. It is a bit surprising to me that even so the Hero's Helm gets so much play. I never played the kindgom game in a way which would unlock it at a time when i'd want it in the shops... Except once, but even then it turned out I unlocked it too late.

Bit surprised about the lack of bandits (they were my selective unlock monster along with gorgons and goats). Also, the goo is a bit of a wtf entry on the boss list untill you remember he spawns in the northern desert at easy mode. And the three goats on the list are also a bit obvious - makes me curious what the lists would look like without the "doooh" entries.

Gate scroll speaks about the number of profiles which reached a certain point, but is another "doooh" entry :D Dwarven gauntlets are logical, I find it fun that I rarely ever preped them.

The dungeon attempts at the den of danger and venture cave are likely inflated by people trying stuff out in them without the intention of winning - if retreats are counted as losses, that it. Otherwise it just makes sense since the Den has had a quest for every basic class.

Berserker camp is just lol. Doubledoom seems to be what people just looking for a coffe-break experience are playing, you know, the "beta got bloated, all I want is an endlessly replayable dungeon" kind of thing. Just my bet.

TT has very few worshippers, but I bet it has more to do with his restrictive prep penalty than actual power. The boons granted is silly, Taurog and EM are structured in a way that encourages boon spam, and GG is as well.

@Darvin: Omg, you're right, 1.4 boons from Mystera? The heck is up with that? People just go for refreshment or mystic balance and call it a day?

EDIT: I do have an explanation for the 1.4 boons from Mystera - if what people mostly play is basic dungeons or doubledoom there's probably never any real need to take more than refreshment/mystic balance from Mystera. Still, not taking a level of "magic" every time along with either of the expensive ones is weird. It's practicaly her joining gift...
Last edited by Lujo on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby ArcticMetal on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:20 pm

How recent are these stats? Only 5 people have completed Transmuter and Crusader gold? I figured there'd be more than that by now!
ArcticMetal

Postby Darvin on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:23 pm

What's the progression to unlock doubledoom? If it's doing all the Den of Danger quests, then it makes sense, sort of - those guys probably play a lot of the Den because of the quests and the way it looks like the original dungeo from the Alpha, and then just move on to Double doom with it's interesting layout and 2 bosses.

I guess.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby FDru on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Fine Sword represent! Really not surprised though.

And that artwork is pure win.
FDru

Postby flap on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:58 pm

What I'd be interrested in knowing is the % of specefic monsters killed when they are generated, and same for objects (because now, It is more a stat about which monsters have been unlocked rather than what we have prefered to kill)

It is still fun to see !
flap

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:27 pm

can someone explain the class challenge results.
The numbers seem low, and odd in places, particularly the rogue and sorcerer seem to have more won gold challenges than silver. . .which seems strange.
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby q 3 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:46 pm

q 3

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons