[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Of Stats and Steam Cards

Of Stats and Steam Cards

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Of Stats and Steam Cards

Postby Aequitas on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:56 pm

@Jay: There are a few reasons for that.
- The stats only started counting a little while before the steam release.
- They don't take into account any challenges a player did before they started counting up.

and also, the stats are uploaded at the time of the action, not stored and uploaded later, so there's a fair chance many stats didn't get through based on stuff like having no internet connection at the time, or the db reaching it's connection limit at the time of upload. We are going t look at solving these problems in the near future.
Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Could you tell us what restarts are counted as, please?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:54 pm

Darvin

Postby flap on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:34 pm

flap

Postby Naoya on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:49 am

A question: Will there be stats for other data as well? I'm kind of interested in glyph usage und pick up; I suppose BURNDAYRAZ would be the most used Glyph... but who knows?

I find TT kind of curious. He's one of the least worshipped gods, and also the secondlowest in giving out boons, and yet he gives the 2nd most on average. Even more than GG or Binlor, who are rather spammy by nature.
Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:43 am

Yeah, there are some curious stats there. Also, it's a shame there aren't the beta stats. It would be nice to know what it was like without all of the early game stuff automatically being at the top.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:28 am

I'd say the boon stats are particularly skewed by abandoned runs. You either prep or worship early, and quit the map when the goings are too rough.

JJ is usually worshipped early game when you are still exploring, while TT is usually worshipped when you already have some popcorns laying around.
fall_ark

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:45 am

I usually play with Steam in offline mode. It's too bad, because I'd probably double the average boons per game for Earthmother, all by myself.
Sidestepper

Postby squirrelnest on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:37 pm

thanks so much for the stats page.

i'd really like to see glyph stats too, if possible.
squirrelnest

Postby flap on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:19 am

flap

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons