[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - subdungeons locations ?

subdungeons locations ?

All things Desktop Dungeons

subdungeons locations ?

Postby flap on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:22 am

I have a question : do you know if the pool from which subdungeons are taken only depend on regions ( Central, North, West, East, South), or can be speficic for one dungeon ?

For example : will the "Rock Garden" and the "Shifting Passages", which both are in the northern region, get the same subdungeons ? Or would there be some which are specific to a dungeon ?
flap

Re: subdungeons locations ?

Postby Gakato on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:02 am

I believe there exists different categories, like "can spawn everywhere", "only direction", "only dungeon". But ok thats just a guess and not proven by anything. Would be nice if someone has more insights on this topic. :D
Gakato

Postby Lujo on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:14 am

It think some subdungeons are universal, and some are tied to a direction. I also think the tileset is often a clue if some subdungeon only spawns in a certain direction (allthough I could be mistaken). Also, it's possible some only spawn depending on how far in a certain direction you go (but that I'm highly unsure of).

Ones I'm kinda sure of:

North:

El potion loco (one with the mages, an experimental wand and a goblin which can net you a load of potions)
Goblin mines (5X5 with 3 pink goblin mines)

West:

Pendragon (A purple dragon which gives you a Pissorff and some info)
Draco (Draco's heart, but you have to move a dragon out of the way)
Cha'Dylan (A large one with exploration and a guy in the middle of it who you can only Wonnafyt to yourself, drops a sensation stone)
Tree of knowlegde (a druid who sells various XP perks)

South:

Spider temple (large one with toxic exploration and lots of goodies)
Contemplate the waters (a monk who sells a Lemisi for 25 gold and there's unreachable exploration)
Vegetarian Vampire (a puzzle minigame with plants where you can get small bonuses)
One with 5 plants which leave +5% damage charms (I think)
One with the +15% damage sword which you can't convert

East:

I just now noticed that this wasn't what you were asking about (facepalm). So sorry.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby flap on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:21 pm

flap

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:20 am

I can confirm that some subdungeons can be found anywhere, some only in certain directions, and just a couple only in one dungeon.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby flap on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:04 am

Ah. Do you have any idea which one are tied to the dungeons rather than a region ? And are those picked in a random pool, or guaranteed (such as the sacrificial goat in the Creeplight ruins) ?

I would say that secret dungeons are different case (My feeling is that they can appear almost anywhere you have 3x3 squares of walls.
flap

Postby Astral on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Is the Wizard.exe one of those single dungeon subdungeons? I've only seen it in Shifting Passages, but found it several times there.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby flap on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:08 pm

I don't think so. I have spent very little time in Shifting Passages, and have encountered that Wizard.exe a few times. I probably have met him in the northern desert, where I have sent my transmuter archeologist about 30 times...
I'll check again
flap

Return to Desktop Dungeons