[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Ask A Dev

Ask A Dev

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Ask A Dev

Postby flap on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:05 pm

Also, I fear that it is a bit delicate. But what does the A.E.J reference in the codex stands for ?
flap

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Sidestepper

Postby Nandrew on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:59 am

This might've been answered at some point during the last few years, but I must've missed it. And I've been puzzled by it immensly.

Why Horatio?

I've actually pondered this. Why this name? I have theories (and occasionally way too much time, apparently):

a) It's a jab/joke/running joke at someone one of you guys knows personally, like a geography teacher or something
b) In English it evokes anything simmilar to "horrible".
c) It's a bloody Shakespeare refference of some sort
d) You pulled it out of a hat / random name generator
e) One of you guys walked into the office one day looking dazed and said "I know what we should call the bad guy", and upon being questioned about his newfound knowledge he said: "Horatio!". And it was so random, everyone went "Brilliant!". And then there was a moment of silence and someone said, "Why?". And the person who had the thought could only recall the idea and the entire thought process which might have been going on for months, nay, years, totally vanished.

Which one's the closest?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby flap on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:05 pm

@Lujo : I suspect the choice of Horatio to be, at least unconsciously, connected with Horatio from Hamlet and Horatio Alger who, during the XIXth century, wrote many novels about self made men.
flap

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Ah, I suspect that as well, but I always wanted to know for sure :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Astral on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:28 am

Is this still going?
If yes can I ask how is knocback damage exactly calculated?
It's supposed to be kb% times basedamage, but I've never seen a case where that was true. I'm not annoyed by it or anything, I'm just curious. It would help me greatly in working out one of my theories.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons