[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Warning! Desecrations! Warning!

Warning! Desecrations! Warning!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Warning! Desecrations! Warning!

Postby Nurator on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:51 pm

Oh man. I was in a terrific VGT run and thought "I need more piety! Lets just desecrate some altars. They wont do any harm, the room is empty!"

Proudly I stepped into the lair of Horatio...

Does anyone have ANY idea how to beat him that way?^^
This feels like a new challenge :D Get to Horatio, desecrate every altar but one you find before you engage Horatio and win!
Nurator

Re: Warning! Desecrations! Warning!

Postby Darvin on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Aslo, when did they change the room to that? That makes knocking him into an IMAWAL spawned wall via knocback impossible, and I liked that routine :(
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Nurator on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:28 am

What does JJs desecration exactly do? I thought its just a life drain... maybe if you get Chaos Avatar after you desecrate EM and MA to cancel their effect out?

Or what about a gorgon strategy with 75% deathgaze (we will use whupaz anyway)? Or a dedicated spellcaster to ignore Taurog AND TT?
Nurator

Postby Astral on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:29 am

If I rember correctly JJ decreases your max health, max mana, base damage to 2/3 of it's current value. I can't remember if he also drains hp and mp too. So if you take it very early it is managable.

Edit: drains mana and health to minimum, and instead of changing base damage, just gives -33% att bonus.
Last edited by Astral on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:17 am

I also remember managing to survive a JJ desecration with more ridiculous builds. While it does affect your damage it does nothing to your resists, so there's one good thing. However, Binlor is a problem with that.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby lordatog on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:18 am

Honestly, I think Taurog's punishment is going to hurt worse than Tikki's here. I haven't actually mathed it out, but you'd probably have to hit him at least 30 times between weaken wipes for Tikki to wind up hurting your damage more, and if your offense is low enough that you run out of wipes before he dies, then you were doomed from the start.
lordatog

Postby Nurator on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:47 pm

I got it: Play as an Orc Monk with Martyr Wraps... there is one altar that you cannot desecrate (because you worship him), so I take GG for that. Then nearly every desecration is meaningless. Binlor hits you pretty hard, but its not THAT game ending.

I just tried it but didnt come very far (not even to Horatio), Sorcerers are annoying as hell for a monk!

Does anyone want to try it out? Maybe someone more Vet than me?^^
Nurator

Postby TheSchachter on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:01 pm

Are you saying that you'd rather take both Tikki Tooki and Taurog's penalty on a Monk than losing your inventory? 0_0

I'm far from an expert on Monks or Gaan-Telet, but it seems like a -50%dmg monk fighting a 5000HP enemy with Weakening is beyond a lost cause... :P

Honestly, if you find GG on the first floor you can probably desecrate him right then and there. Prepping something like a Sensation Stone... I dunno, I think I get where you're coming from with the Monk (2x regen that can't be affected by God punishments?) but taking down Horatio as a Monk whose damage is even further nerfed (no getting around desecrating either Taurog OR Tikki)...

My feeling is that the Bloodmage's boosted Sanguine potential might be your best bet, though I haven't given this much thought yet. I can't see myself attempting this challenge...

Shouldn't we be trying to beat VGT with a Goatperson instead? XD
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Astral on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:06 pm

I'm not a VGT expert, but staying with TT as a monk will definitely end in a punishment anyways, so from that veiw staying with someone else looks better. That someone else would be Binlor so I don't lose my resistances :P
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons