[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby sitnaltax on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:19 pm

sitnaltax

Postby Kestrel on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Congrats sitnaltax! I actually failed my first VT DL run with Binlor, it felt to me like there aren't enough walls in DL to get the most out of him. Did you convert out early?
Kestrel

Postby sitnaltax on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:45 am

sitnaltax

Postby Kestrel on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:19 pm

Havendale Bridge. Vicious Token. Taurogzerker with full items. Run into tower of goo as 2nd boss very late in the level...

Win anyway
Kestrel

Postby Astral on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Today I did some silly experimenting with Gorgons. Like regenfighting not so friendly targets. Higher leveled wraiths, steel golems, doom armors... The Avatar :P
That one was really funny. I left both of my subdungeons mostly full of blackspace, all the unneded glyphs on the ground, my countless bloodpools as well as a spare ENDISWALL. On my 1st hit this happened:

Maybe I should have brought a wall breaking tool. On the other hand it was more exciting.

Also I had a purist gorgon PQI on Berserker Camp. Within 30 steps I found my 3 altars: Binlor, TT, PM. First shop had a Midas Glove. With such RNG the dungeon was asking for this:

The shortest "regenfight" ever.
Btw if you're looking for a quick way to farm resists in BC: hit all the berserkers after they level up. At each new level they give you resists again.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby flap on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:13 pm

Well, well, well, after clearing all hard quests, I am finally exploring those vicious dungeons. And so far, Dragon Island has been suprisingly easy... Actually, much easiser than one of my previous bragging (Warmonger badge with a thief in the Den of Danger, in a very early knigdom).

I can clearly see how having more gold, shops, gods and powerfull items makes the game easier.

So, I have just totaly blown the Isles with a Dwarf Bloodmage, worshipping Dracul, and which took the consensus and Body Pact.
You would say : but what is resistance good for there ? Well, it has been helpfull in the primary stage of leveling up, and regen fighting some monsters with the help of a Burndayraz.

But where that character trully shone, is when I started to enter the Matron's lair with 40% sanguine, 120 health points and about 30 blood pools laying around : there was around 1440 Health points patiently waiting to be harvested, or the equivalent of 144 tiles for a level 10 character to be explored (1/3 of a map).

The matron really did not stand a chance...
flap

Postby Blovski on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:13 pm

Dwarf Bloodmage you say. I am intrigued. Normally I gnome them out.
Blovski

Postby flap on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:00 am

Ah yes. Maybe gnomes would be more efficients than dwarfs in terms of blood pools efficiency. But dwarfs are not too bad as they can tank stronger hits, so maybe are they better for grasping bits of bonus xp while keeping pools untouched.
But after it was the regular Dragon's Isles, not the vicious one. So you don't necessarily need top optimisation...
flap

Postby TheSchachter on Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:08 am

So I feel like this is a bragging post for Goblin Warlords of Mystera toting the Titan Guitar rather than my own skill...

Vicious Token Labyrinth. Not even Frank the Zombie (!) could stop this Warlord... To think I was dreading this one XD
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Astral on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:21 pm

I managed to beat a tricky PQI: warmonger vampire in Cursed Oasis.

It sounds so simple. Until you give it a try. Barely any good bloodcows. A lot of AAs, thralls, and bandits to annoy you. Yep even bandits are bad, kill too many and you won't be able to come back and collect resources to build your lifesteal. And shades are just "fun".

To sum up mostly you play without gods, spells, resistances, proper regenaration, and are struggling for bonus xp (only good targets are bloodcows you really don't want to waste).

This was by far the most luck reliant PQI I ever had (not counting labyrinth screwups). I had to prep hard and either the monster layout/selection or simply my subdungeons could have screwed me.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons