Bug: Unlikely Heroes

All things Desktop Dungeons

Bug: Unlikely Heroes

Postby Kamendae on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:00 pm

I went through Venture Cave three times (having defeated it only once before, with a Rogue class) for this quest - Fighter, Berserker, Warlord. Didn't pick up on the Elf requirement for the quest, so I did it with Orcs for the first two and a Gnome for the third. Finished my run of three, didn't get the quest fulfilment, went "WTF?", and checked the requirement. Oops, elves? Okay, guess I need to run it three more times. So I played through with an Elf Fighter... and got the fulfilment.

Expected: I would need to rerun twice more (with Elf Berserker and Elf Warlord) before getting the quest fulfilled.
Kamendae

Re: Bug: Unlikely Heroes

Postby Museli on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:34 pm

I believe I'm in a similar position. I'd completed VC pre-patch with a non-Elf Berzerker. I've just completed it with Elf Fighter and Warlord, and the quest completed.
Museli

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:33 pm

Yeah, your previous runs would have counted toward the quest completion, even before that particular quest started looking for those runs ;)
dislekcia

Postby Nandrew on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Just checked the quest completion logic and spotted the error. Yep, right now completing just ONE of the classes with the required race will be enough to satisfy quest conditions. I'd better go fix that ...
Nandrew

Return to Desktop Dungeons