[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - God prep uses

God prep uses

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: God prep uses

Postby TheSchachter on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:37 am

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Lujo on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:27 am

Speaking of GG, one of the best places to casually prep him is the regular vicious GT. You don't shoot for Enlightment (allthough you could get it), but you'll get plenty of piety to convert into whatever and cleansing is really, really good in that dungeon. Not only does it help you deal with certain floor bosses, it also helps a great deal with getting rid of various debuffs that you slowly acummulate.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Kestrel on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 am

Well, in most cases where you get enlightenment as a non-paladin, you then have to take a 10 piety hit per mana potion which cancels out that 5 mana benefit, and you would have been better off with JJ's Chaos Avatar. I think I've only found it to be really good in a certain triple quest where the scenario rules are stacked in favour of it.

It's also highly amusing from a roleplaying perspective that a large part of the reason paladins work so well with GG is because he lets his holiest warriors get away with breaking the rules with no punishment.
Kestrel

Postby TheSchachter on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Serpentarius on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:26 pm

I almost had a good use for JJ's -1 inventory. I was fixing to run Priest in the Slime pits. I wanted to run Really Big Sword so I can deal with Goo Tower easier, but it would eating popcorn harder than it already is. So I thought that I could use JJ's prep to leave Really Big Sword on the ground, so I can pick it up when I'm fighting Goo Tower. Then I realized I can't put Big Sword on the bottom and most likely, Fireball or the Shop Scroll would end up on the ground. Oh well, I just ran Dracula Priest instead.

Can Dracula's bloodless effect bosses too? I almost didn't do it because the thought of trying take on Super Meat Man without Lifesteal hung over my head.
Serpentarius

Postby Kestrel on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:49 pm

I think it can, but super meat man is easy to regen fight anyway even with just a fireball.
Kestrel

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons