Linux: Gaphical issue prevents playing after first tutorial

Got a problem? Let us know!

Linux: Gaphical issue prevents playing after first tutorial

Postby Deltoid on Wed May 14, 2014 11:16 am

Hey,

after playing the tutorial using the Steam Linux Version, i'm not able to play any further because of an graphical issue (?). Instead of the map just an arrow is displayed and i'm not able to click anything, even the menu. The only thing i can do is to close the window. Appreciating any help!

Screenshot
Deltoid

Re: Linux: Gaphical issue prevents playing after first tutor

Postby dislekcia on Wed May 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Heya :)

Do you prefer chatting here or on the Steam forums? Either works for me.
dislekcia

Postby lance14837 on Mon May 26, 2014 6:28 pm

I've had similar problems, however when the game crashes (after I've played for less than 5 minutes usually, whether or not I'm using Steam) my computer crashes with it, and I have to restart my entire computer. I still haven't gotten past the tutorial because of this problem. Oh, and when I say crashes, I mean that I can move my mouse, but can't click anything: nothing will respond, and the game freezes, essentially. I can't even close the game.

Thanks!
lance14837

Postby Neikius on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:46 am

Didn't really find an exact same case, but this looks eerily similar. My issue (linux, gog version): http://imgur.com/XBXEPyU Any ideas?
Neikius

Postby Neikius on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:48 am

This is the most similar issue I managed to find.

Gog version on linux.

And it looks like this: http://imgur.com/XBXEPyU

I can click on the arrow and as long as I hold the mouse button some text ("Huts" and "Guild (LV0)") appears. Tried clicking all over though and nothing happens.

(p.s. also the fonts for skills are somehow yellow on brownish yellow parchment and hence unreadable, but this is secondary)
Neikius

Postby dislekcia on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:34 am

That looks like there's either something wrong with how the game is loading textures, or there's an issue with accessing the map description files... Can you update your drivers and see if that makes a difference?
dislekcia

Postby Neikius on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Already at the latest radeon driver (open source). So I guess the OS driver is missing something... problem is fglrx is sketchy at best even though it is usually faster. Most of the other games works fine on radeon driver. My graphics card is hd7970 and I am currently just testing how stuff works. Any other similar game that I can run and will shed some light on the problem? Or anything that I could get in debug?

Well I guess I will have to try the proprietary driver at some point, but not now.

I can run game under wine, but had this issue: http://www.gog.com/forum/desktop_dungeo ... ard_output and that is solved. Fglrx driver is just so much hassle. I will report if I find anything else regarding the linux version.
Neikius

Return to Support