Cloud Saving now totally broken - how can I fix this?

Got a problem? Let us know!

Cloud Saving now totally broken - how can I fix this?

Postby Demon Firebrand on Tue May 13, 2014 11:22 pm

I got Desktop Dungeons on steam. Today I tried playing through the website, on a different pc, for the first time. It loaded my kingdom fine, and I beat Complicated Tasks part 6.

However when returning to the kingdom screen, I got an error message "There was an error saving to the cloud". Retrying did not work. I tried quickly entering and exiting a dungeon to force a different save, but had the same problem.

Later on today, I got on through steam, saw that I had lost that progress (I suspected as much) and once again beat Complicated Tasks part 6. Going to Kingdom screen it said my local save was different from my online save. The local save had CT part 6 done so I selected it. But now the "There was an error saving to the cloud" error comes up after every save. Cloud saving appears to be totally wrecked. At least my local save works...

How can I fix this? How can I play through the browser without causing this semi-permanent cloud save corruption?
Demon Firebrand

Re: Cloud Saving now totally broken - how can I fix this?

Postby dislekcia on Wed May 14, 2014 3:09 am

Hmm. We're getting the odd error this side as well - will see what we can do about it. I don't want to give you advice that might damage your saves, so I'll get Aeq to look at this when he wakes up.
dislekcia

Postby dislekcia on Wed May 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Aeq has worked some server-side magic and the saves shouldn't be timing out anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience.
dislekcia

Postby Demon Firebrand on Wed May 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Just wanted to let you know that the issue is now 100% fixed. Thanks for the quick response and attention to the issue, and special thanks to Aeq for his Servermancy.
Demon Firebrand

Postby dislekcia on Wed May 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Glad it's fixed! Always good when we don't have to release a patch :)
dislekcia

Return to Support