[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Suggestions

Suggestions

All things Desktop Dungeons

Suggestions

Postby berpdreyfuss on Thu May 22, 2014 7:59 pm

I don't know if there will still be updates, but here's two things that I noticed while playing:
1. On the race/class select screen, it would be nice if you could easily see with which class you already defeated the dungeon. I know that you can see it in the sidebar, but it would be good to have something like a little marker on the portrait.
2. I think it would be better if the dungeon music stopped playing when you defeat the boss. Now, when you win, there's the sound effect but the music just goes on like nothing happened which feels a little bit weird.
berpdreyfuss

Re: Suggestions

Postby Darvin on Thu May 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Darvin

Postby berpdreyfuss on Thu May 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Yes, that's true. Maybe it should just stop for a moment and come back. It is just strange to win the big fight and the music doesn't respond to it at all.
berpdreyfuss

Postby TheSchachter on Fri May 23, 2014 1:45 am

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby berpdreyfuss on Fri May 23, 2014 8:19 am

Yes, it's a matter of preference. I guess what I am thinking of is some kind of dynamic music like FTL.
berpdreyfuss

Postby TheSchachter on Sat May 24, 2014 1:29 am

I was doing PQI in the Dragon Isles (Miser Orc Wizard; definitely easy as far as Vicious PQI goes), and I thought of something related to PQI in general, which I hadn't done for a very long time since, as I was nearing 100% completion of the Hard dungeons, it had started suggesting "fun" challenges like Purist Dwarf Monk in the Cursed Oasis (yeah, I'll pass, thanks). What if the PQI had a streaking system? Starting with a fairly low reward, but with fairly easy dungeon/badge combinations, and getting harder and harder with every successive PQI cleared? It could reset if you choose to do the burning dungeon instead (or if you lose, although for very hard PQI that would be rather painful). It could even factor the difficulty in terms of which classes are good/bad for each dungeon (time consuming to establish, perhaps, but I'm sure you could get the vets to argue endlessly about this :P). This would encourage players to do the PQI instead of the burning dungeon if they're, say, trying to get the last locker/return slots, and would help mitigate the tendencies of high-completion Kingdoms to spam the PQI with particularly horrific combinations (those could show up only at a higher streak level). Of course, this would somewhat weaken the PQI's function of encouraging completion by widening the pool of badge/dungeon combinations it's likely to take, but I think it would make the PQI more fun, and make me more willing to take a chance on ridiculous challenges since there's a high score streak to beat and a mounting gold reward.

Of course, I don't actually expect a feature like that to be implemented post release, but it's fun to imagine :) (Actually just a counter that tells you how many PQI you've done would be neat, now that I think about it)

EDIT: Umm, as I was re-reading this after posting it, I realized that this wasn't necessarily meant as an open topic for general suggestions... sorry if this came across as rude o.o
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sat May 24, 2014 9:32 am

berpdreyfuss

Return to Desktop Dungeons