[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Dimensional Dealings

Dimensional Dealings

All things Desktop Dungeons

Dimensional Dealings

Postby trdonja on Thu May 22, 2014 11:24 pm

Okay, I have googled around for this, watched some videos and I still can't manage to beat this one. Here are some of the thoughts I've had, perhaps somebody could confirm/disagree with any of them?

1. I have a feeling that in the past gold piles were giving more money on average. I got this feeling from watching videos, they had even some +7's there if I'm not mistaken. I usually get 2-4. Is this true, have there been any changes there, which could make some advice given in the past more or less obsolete?

2. Advice goes in the direction of Thief being the best choice because of 33% more items on the map, meaning 33% more gold. However does this mean that there is also one extra shop in the dungeon? Is there a race/class that is preferred for this mission?

3. Map selection. Is there any map that is better than others when it comes to beating the Dimensional Dealings?

4. Preps. Obviously Black Market is the choice, anything else that I had been missing?

5. So far there has been one dungeon where I came 1 gold short of being able to buy every item. However since then I hadn't come even close, sometimes missing 25 gold. I have a feeling that it's much harder lately, because of better items that I had unlocked. As a consequence those better items appear in shops more often instead of items like spoon. Is that how it works and can I do anything to influence item selection in the shops?

5. Obviously something like Gloves of Midas would have made this mission much easier. However at this stage I find it impossible to beat the last boss in the challenge. Is this the way to get the Dimensional Dealings done or is it possible to beat it even without Gloves of Midas? And by possible I mean better than 1 in 1000 shot.
trdonja

Re: Dimensional Dealings

Postby trdonja on Sat May 24, 2014 2:58 am

After two days of trying I've managed to do it. For anyone having similar problems, I went for Tikki Tooki unlock and finished Dimensional Dealings in the same dungeon. Regardless to say, I failed the TT unlock several times (it's my first run through DD) before I realized how the level of the spawns is decided. If it keeps going this way, the game is actually quite long before everything is unlocked. :)
trdonja

Postby Sidestepper on Sat May 24, 2014 3:16 am

It's a bit late now, but the best way to clear this quest is to do it at the Rock Gardens. Three bosses means two large gold piles, which should guarantee success. Thief is a poor choice because the extra shops hurt more than the extra gold helps.
Sidestepper

Postby Nurator on Sat May 24, 2014 7:31 am

Congrats on buying an awesome game trdonja and congrats on beating the challenge :) And yes you are right, you are FAR from unlocking everything. There a veterans like me that have played this game for years and still didnt manage to win every single dungeon... you are in for quite a journey :) and awesome one :)
Nurator

Postby Lujo on Sat May 24, 2014 9:24 am

Yep, the game is quite huge and a enjoyable long term hobby :)

Also, your nick makes me interested in where you are from? :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Sat May 24, 2014 6:05 pm

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Sat May 24, 2014 9:51 pm

Thief adds shops. I just double checked by sending a Transmuter to GT and then following up with a Thief. The transmuter gets 8 non-alchemy shops and the Thief gets 10. It's an undocumented feature of the Thief. Or prehaps poorly documented. "33% more items" is ambiguous, but was apparently meant to include shops as "items".
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Sat May 24, 2014 11:43 pm

^ I always kinda assumed this but never really thought about it or counted on it, and when you think about it (outside of the context of this particular challenge) it's a strong bloody feature!
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Return to Desktop Dungeons