[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Female Representation in Desktop Dungeons

Female Representation in Desktop Dungeons

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Female Representation in Desktop Dungeons

Postby Alweth on Sat May 24, 2014 7:15 am

I have to say how I really appreciate how you've represented women in Desktop Dungeon, with the exception, that I already expressed some months ago, of how Desktop Dungeons falls into (along with huge swaths of other media, especially other video/computer games) the trope of portraying women as reskinned men. However, this post helps me appreciate that you were self-consciously trying to do better than the status quo while still knowing that you weren't going nail it perfectly.

Thanks!
Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby dislekcia on Sat May 24, 2014 10:31 pm

dislekcia

Postby Alweth on Sun May 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Were you expecting a coherent message? Alweth does not deal with such trifles. Ignore him or watch the thread get locked!
Alweth

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sun May 25, 2014 1:02 pm

I can't quite follow you. What would have to be different in DD to make the female hero not "reskinned"?
berpdreyfuss

Postby Alweth on Mon May 26, 2014 8:44 am

Alweth

Postby Sidestepper on Mon May 26, 2014 10:17 am

Sidestepper

Postby dislekcia on Mon May 26, 2014 10:48 am

dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Mon May 26, 2014 2:08 pm

I'm with Dislekcia here. Sexual dimorphism thanslated into game mechanics would be wrong on many levels.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Mon May 26, 2014 4:14 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Mon May 26, 2014 6:36 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons