Can we get Purist if we only take Bet on Boss?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Can we get Purist if we only take Bet on Boss?

Postby FDru on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:04 am

Kinda like we still get it with Vicious Token?

I am grinding completion for gold and I love to go purist with every new class to see if I can beat all the dungeons that way. I take Bet on Boss because the gold grind is already heinous as it is... and I feel a bit slighted losing Purist badge on something that in no way benefits the run.
FDru

Re: Can we get Purist if we only take Bet on Boss?

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:39 am

I'd agree that Bet on the Boss shouldn't disqualify you from purist, especially since badges only offer a one-time gold bonus anyways. If badges offered repeatable gold bonuses (I personally think they should) that might be another matter, but they don't so I really don't see the harm.
Darvin

Postby lolQuaff on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:29 am

I wish we could! I never understood why it counts against purist.
lolQuaff

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:21 am

Agreed. Unless a prep directly affects your character's play or the dungeon, it shouldn't really count as a prep.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby FDru on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:13 pm

devs plz

Also, I am getting gold bonus for completing dungeons with all classes when I only completed it with 17. I think it has to do with Goatperson.
FDru

Postby Lujo on Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:15 pm

I've been suggesting this just about any time I was suggesting anything... It has actually "screwed" me out of a purist badge many times as I used to prep it automatically and foget that I had it prepped as my brain didn't register it as a prep. XD
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby squirrelnest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:22 am

prolly too late for any kind of change, but imma toss my 2 cents into the same hat. bet on boss should work with purist.
squirrelnest

Postby Incompetent on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:54 am

Bet on Boss is a strange prep. It effectively slaps a big opportunity cost in gold on all the other Thief Den preps, making them effectively the most expensive preps by far. (This is assuming you can win in a small number of attempts, of course, but then if you need a lot of prepped attempts to solve a dungeon, you're not in it for the money any more.) I'm not sure it really needs to be in the game at all, since it doesn't really add much to the decision-making process before a run.
Incompetent

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:01 am

^ I was at one point suggesting that there be several mutualy exclusive "tokens" simmilar to the vicious token, with bet on boss as one of them. As easily identifiable preps which don't affect purist (and so you couldn't stack VT and bet on boss). However, everyone would be prepping it on almost every run then, I suppose, which kinda just makes the boss throphy worth more. Still, most people prep it allmost all the time anyway, and it's such an anomalous prep that even after the previous sentence, solid ground to dismiss the idea, I still don't know...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:36 am

^ I really like that idea of different tokens. It would be a great way to add purist on bet on boss, and possibly other game modifiers of sorts.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons