[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Linux,Steam:keyboard detected but can't type anything

Linux,Steam:keyboard detected but can't type anything

Got a problem? Let us know!

Linux,Steam:keyboard detected but can't type anything

Postby unused on Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:04 am

It has happened since the first time I played it. When asked to enter my kingdom name, I couldn't type anything into the fillform. Luckily, I managed to go back to the start screen, and somehow there was already a Kingdom of Fe. So I start playing for about one hour without getting through the tutorial. While playing, I can use the keyboard shortcuts, that means my keyboard were detected alright. Then I thought I wanted to start over, so I deleted the Kingdom of Fe, and when I tried to make a new kingdom, I remembered that I can't type. Now I can't play it at all.
Logging in to my Desktop Dungeon is impossible too.

I'm using Arch Linux.
unused

Re: Linux,Steam:keyboard detected but can't type anything

Postby dislekcia on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Key input and string input are handled in different ways in the game. Both use Unity's core functionality though, so I assume that whatever keyboard driver you're using isn't returning the correct keyboardString to Unity. Sounds like it's constantly resetting that instead, so the game has no idea what was "written".

I have to say that I have no idea how to solve this issue for you... I don't have access to whatever keyboard systems you're using.
dislekcia

Postby unused on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:55 am

But, I use a laptop. So my kerboard is connected directly. My other games don't have a problem like this.

UPDATE: I appeared that I can type. It's just that the letters aren't showing :lol: . Do you know the cause of this? Anyway I'm back playing this game now. :D
unused

Postby snowpaws on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:02 pm

I also have the same problem on Linux. I type but nothing shows up. After reading this, I tried carefully typing in my chosen kingdom name, and it allowed me to create it and start playing. Rather disconcerting.
snowpaws

Postby dislekcia on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 pm

dislekcia

Postby snowpaws on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Disconcerting that nothing shows up in the text box, but it actually is taking my keypresses.
snowpaws

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:08 pm

dislekcia

Postby snowpaws on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Oh, I guess I should admit that I'm running on Fedora.
snowpaws

Return to Support