[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Masochist achievement: merely a thing of legend?

The Masochist achievement: merely a thing of legend?

All things Desktop Dungeons

The Masochist achievement: merely a thing of legend?

Postby Psycho Savager on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Unexpectedly, a message indicating my progress popped up. I quickly took a screenshot and compared it to my actual game time (yes, I do play this game a lot.... it's the perfect companion while simultaneously watching a movie.)

A bit of calculation shows that I am 70% of the way to getting this achievement, so it should finally be obtained at around 800 hours of game play. 800 hours? That's insane! That's over 30 days of continuous play!
Easy & Medium Badges: 210/210 Hard Badges: 450/450 Vicious Badges: 172/180 Triple Quests: 2/3
Explorer's Guild Puzzles: 56/56 Bronze/Silver/Gold Challenges: 45/45 Achievements: 34/35 Overall: 99.0%
Psycho Savager

Re: The Masochist achievement: merely a thing of legend?

Postby Gakato on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:47 pm

It all depends on how often you fail a dungeon. You will get it as soon as you spend another 30 hours of unsuccessful dungeon runs. I also was stumped by this achievement as it is just talking about spending time in dungeons. However, considering the name and the rainbow border on gaan-telet, it makes sense that it is rewarded for failed runs. :)
Gakato

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:05 pm

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Gakato on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:01 pm

Don't know what's up with that, but I still think it is about the failed runs. (Icon + its name makes also more sense for this case)

I also haven't seen any popups for a long time (Steam at this point had already ~300 hours counted and still no popup). However, roughly 25 hours pure idling while not being at the pc and retiring the dungeon when I came back I got the 50% completion popup. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Maybe you want to try the same, if you got the 75% mark already it shouldn't take that long to reach the 100% then. ;)
Gakato

Postby SarahJ on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:51 pm

SarahJ

Postby dislekcia on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Wow, that's some time logged...

Masochist doesn't require failed runs. I've looked into it a ton given how often people ask about it and I'm not able to locate any bugs... You have to have 100 hours, in-dungeon, without tabbing away from the game. Unity pauses when you do that - it should just keep accumulating as you play.
dislekcia

Postby TheSchachter on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Unity pausing when tabbing out, combined with the fact that I'm pretty sure the Steam timer doesn't stop, could definitely explain my Steam timer and lack of achievement - I often do at lot of things at the same time when playing DD. That being said, does tabbing out of the game stop the achievement count completely, or is it supposed to resume the timer once you get back into the game? (If you've tested this a lot I'm sure you've already thought of this as a potential issue, but it's in my nature as a nagging QA tester to ask :P)
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:05 pm

Pretty sure that's been tested to destruction and back, yes (because it IS the most obvious point of failure there) ;) I'll re-add it to the bug tracker though.
dislekcia

Postby Gakato on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Gakato

Postby Psycho Savager on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:02 am

I play windowed, and occasionally click outside but the vast majority of the time, I am playing the game. It's highly unlikely that 460 of those hours were spent with the game running but not being played.
Easy & Medium Badges: 210/210 Hard Badges: 450/450 Vicious Badges: 172/180 Triple Quests: 2/3
Explorer's Guild Puzzles: 56/56 Bronze/Silver/Gold Challenges: 45/45 Achievements: 34/35 Overall: 99.0%
Psycho Savager

Return to Desktop Dungeons