[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Random Questions 101

Random Questions 101

All things Desktop Dungeons

Random Questions 101

Postby Lynzkar on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:31 pm

So because I'm to lazy to scroll through all the forum pages, and check if there acctualy is a topic like this. I figured it'd be easier to just make (a new) one.

So this topic is for random questions about the game. Forexample; "Is it possible to get 3 Dwaren Gauntlets in one play through?". And remember techincaly all questions are stupid questions, thus meaning no questions are stupid, so you might as well just ask (or google it). I'll try to sum up all questions on this main post in a simmlar manner to the "Hidden abilities / undocumented features" by Nurator. You should check that thread out, it's lots of unexpected secerets and hidden things in the game, and it might awnser your question(s), but beware spoilers! Now get asking!

List of questions ;
Classes

Items & Glyphs
Q : Can you get three of any non-small items in a run?
A : [Awnser needed]

Mechanics

Dieties
Q : How does Jehora Jeheyu's punishment system work?
A : Too complicated to explain here, check wikipage; Clickity here!

Enemies & Bosses

MISC
Q : Is Glen "Glenrick" Goodrick really is a warlord?
A : Yes, he really is.
Q : What are the thresholds for the various visual changes to the dungeon map icons?
A : 1 Class = Icon grows to full size.
3 Classes = Icon gains a cliff around its border.
4 Classes = The cliff border gains a shadow effect.
9 Classes = Silver border
18 Classes = Gold border
[u]18 +1 Classes + All tokens + Vicious Token = Rainbow border
Last edited by Lynzkar on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Re: Random Questions 101

Postby Astral on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:56 pm

I'm not sure about this, but maybe getting 3 Health Kegs or 3 Amulets of Yendor are possible in Naga City.
You can prep 1 of these and find a 2nd one in the Arena. To get a 3rd Keg you need the El Potion Loco subdungeon.
A 3rd Yendor can be purchased from the druid sub. I never remembered subdungeon locations so I might be wrong on these.

However getting 3 Slayer Wands seems very likely: prep 1 and get 2 extra from Armor.exe.

Apart from stacking Yendors there's not much use for these. Getting 3 Dwarven Gauntlets would rock on warmonger PQIs.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:04 pm

What are the thresholds for the various visual changes to the dungeon map icons? I now for sure that

1 Class = Icon grows to full size
3 Classes = Icon gains a cliff around its border
4 Classes = The cliff border gains a shadow effect
18 Classes = Rainbow border

Are there other thresholds? Do the cliffs gradually become taller with each class, or is it just a one time thing?
Sidestepper

Postby TheSchachter on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:55 pm

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:43 am

You can get 3 Endiswall glyphs if you play as a Gorgon worshipping Binlor. You start with 1, you could possibly find 1, and you can get a third one (although it doesn't give any CP, I would count it as being the same) through Binlor's boon. This situation is quite easy to arrive at since I have encountered it several times already.

You can also get 3 Pisorf glyphs. Find 1, get another from worshipping Binlor and get a third from the Pendragon (the talkative purple dragon) subdungeon. This is theoretically possible though I am not sure if I have encountered such a situation before (probably only once or not at all).

It's likely possible to get 3 Lemmisi glyhps if you play as a Transmuter. Start with 1, find 1, buy another from the Saint subdungeon. I can't remember if I have encountered the situation where I find another Lemmisi while playing as a Transmuter but it should be possible.

As for getting 3 Dwarven Gauntlets, I can think of a situation but not exactly sure whether it is possible. You can prep 1, you can get another from the shop (this I am unsure since I don't know if the game will preclude an item from spawning in shops if you have already prepped it). And the last one (information on it in wiki isn't complete), you can get for exchanging 50 piety at the Packmaster Mobile Altar subdungeon. For that subdungeon, you can get 1 each of both health and mana potions and 15 gold for 20 CP, 2 each of both potions and a Dwarven Gauntlet for 50 CP or 3 each of both potions and 3 Compression Seals for 100 CP.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Lynzkar on Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:38 am

I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby collapsinghrung on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:47 pm

collapsinghrung

Postby Gakato on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:33 pm

There are 18 classes (+1) + 10 badges (+1) = 28(+2) tokens in total, therefore:
1 Token = Icon grows to full size
14 Tokens = Silver border
29 Tokens = Gold border
30 Tokens = Rainbow border
Gakato

Postby collapsinghrung on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:23 am

I have a gold border on Den of Danger with only 28 tokens (18/18 classes; 10/10 badges), and a rainbow on Hobbler's Hold with 18/18; 10/10+1
collapsinghrung

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:01 am

dislekcia

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons