[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Speedrun Routing Thread

Speedrun Routing Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Speedrun Routing Thread

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:29 am

Ugh, a logout lost a nice detailed post. Quick summary:

-Human Wizards are really good for Gaan-Telet, I just won a faithless-purist-basic items and glyphs only- run with a no-exp lvl 10 floor (Binlor, but with the blinking sword) and a retaliate fireball floor that had 3 mana burn enemies. It was a very close call, but this was to simulate a gods-related worst case scenario. I'd say the Wizard's bonuses (especially the scouting+magnet fireball for blackspace preservation and mana discount to enable some glyph combos) might edge them slightly above Dwarf Rogues in terms of reliability.

-If we're okay with 80-90% success rate for the fewest-runs playthrough, I don't think we can justify the bank quest's 50% chance of adding an extra run. Which runs do we feel might warrant that extra power other than HGT? Perhaps a binlor-less Labyrinth run (a likely situation)? Might be worth setting up a "worst case scenario" kingdom progression to run repeated tests and get an idea of the odds or think up strategies.

-Thoughts on Soul Orb and Viper ward? (Dunno whether puzzles would count for the fewest-runs playthrough, for that matter)

-Bank cap: The way I *think* it works, is that the first time you come back from a dungeon with a gold amount that goes over the cap, the overflow from that cap is preserved, but the amount won't climb higher than that. So my theory was that if you earn slightly over 500 while already near the cap, your gold would freeze at 2000-ish, allowing you to get an upgrade you otherwise shouldn't be allowed to get. Assuming I understand the mechanics correctly, of course.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Re: Speedrun Routing Thread

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:22 am

Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons