[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Badgemonger

Badgemonger

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Badgemonger

Postby Astral on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:50 pm

Hmm, I must have misremembered the knockback damage part then :(

And I don't think that map has secret subs so if you can't reach lvl2 the this strat is worthless.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Darvin

Postby Astral on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:50 pm

Too bad. A lucky blacksmith secret sub would give you a bearmace to increase your KB to the required amount for both cheeky and the bosskill.

A big problem for these runs is how to grab cheeky. Even with the halfdragon's extra health no lvl2 monster is killable warmonger style.

Can you get the vampire chef sub on the west? A couple of those +5 hp recipes could let you earn cheeky, and after lvl2 you can palntcannon high level monsters for bonus xp. If you manage to reach lvl 8 you can also kill the boss.

In the meantime I came up with a different idea. Bloodmage is HS. You pray for getting a very early Orb of Lusory and that will be your ticket for cheeky. You're keep hunting for magical strikers and if your 2nd boss is the Firstborn or something else easy you spike it with bloodpools.
Astral

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:29 am

Darvin

Postby Astral on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:27 am

I see, then the only option in WJ is to take the +50 xp at lvl1. And hopefully, you can earn enough bonus xp for Ding Max too.
I don't think a +2 sword or the other trinkets from the soko troll sub will let you kill even a lvl2 bandit.

In HS can you get Unstoppable if you removed high lvl illusions with the orb?
Astral

Postby Tinker on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:54 pm

I think Ding! Max! could become an issue if you remove the illusions, given how it's hard to get bonus XP otherwise.

My line of thought for getting the badges in one run was to rely on abilities that are not prohibited by badges, like Sanguine (Bloodmage), Learning (Fighter), First Strike (Rogue/Assassin), Magic Resistance (Monk/Berserker), or stuff on the floor like the rightfully mentioned Orb of Lusory. Tinker also allows a way to snatch a single item, as well as to access the secret sub, however I don't think that alone is sufficient to beat a VT dungeon Purist (let alone do so without worship, glyphs, conversions, etc.).
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons