[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - WONAFYT

WONAFYT

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: WONAFYT

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:05 am

Darvin

Postby q 3 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:31 am

A Berserker with maxed magic resist and enough attack power to two-shot the guards should be able to get through without needing much more than natural regeneration and one poison cure (or immunity). Not quite as clean as the Assassin, but a lot easier than anyone else has it (except maybe a Rogue with enough attack to one-shot them, but that's a rather tall order).
q 3

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:16 am

Two of the guards deal physical damage. They really put the hurt on the berserker.
Darvin

Postby q 3 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:26 am

They do? I... I didn't even notice. :oops:

Just tried it with a CYDSTEPP Rogue and succeeded, although I wasn't quite able to get my attack high enough to one shot them (probably need to have both the Trisword and the Berserker sword from the very start, with either a Human or Orc to pull it off). IMO Glowing Guardian is the best deity for this level, at least up until the boss fight. Absolution + Enlightenment gave my Rogue enough defense to kill all the guards without CYDSTEPP, and his (initially) cheap Cleansing boon makes their poison/manaburn less painful. Plus you'll easily have enough exp after killing them all to get to level 10(11) with Humility. Also keep in mind that once you've cleared the surface, Mystera's Magic boon has no penalty...
q 3

Postby spoomak on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:56 pm

I beat the Matron two times in a row with a Trisword-preparing dwarf berserker worshipping Taurog and with all of Taurog's boons. On the first run I switched to Dracul at the end but on the second run Dracul wasn't available. This strategy is really simple. Although, maybe I got lucky underground when I leveled up at just the right moments. I converted all glyphs and mana potions.
spoomak

Postby gjaustin on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:30 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:32 am

I've yet to find Taurog on any of my berserker runs on that level (I prepare poison sword as the berserker, but maybe I'll try Trisword next time)
Darvin

Postby DalaranJ on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:05 am

Although I've only played the level once, I assume that the two magic attack guards at the entrance to the cave that you don't have to fight right away would be convenient for a berserker to roll his levels over exactly when he wants to.
You can't cut back on kingdom funding. You will regret this!
DalaranJ

Postby Darvin on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:47 am

That's if you can get your hands on ENDISWAL. Being able to skip those 2 (and return for a levelup later...) is a huge advantage. Technically I guess a LEMMISI/WEYTWUT combo could get you past all of them, but if you need to use boons or you're counting on gaining a level that will hurt more than it helps.
Darvin

Postby DalaranJ on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:37 pm

I totally didn't notice that they were guarding a "gate". I guess that's what Iget for giving advice after only playing the level once.
You can't cut back on kingdom funding. You will regret this!
DalaranJ

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons