[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Suggestions

Suggestions

All things Desktop Dungeons

Suggestions

Postby darkcreep on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:53 am

I was playing free version and i liked it so much that i wanted to play beta.

I like what u did with game in beta, but i miss some things from free version.

I miss quick casting bar. Its a bit annoying that i need to press inventory tab, if i stand on something. In free version u can cast without that click even if u stand on something. Clicking on those tabs down there is a bit annoying overall. And they do not look nice.
U could get space for quick casting bar in middle, if u remove menu button at top. U can make menu appear when u press escape.

I also miss retire button. Its annoying to look for exit go there and then click retire. Too many clicks.

I miss potion auto pick up. I always take potions so i do not need to confirm each. Less clicks better gameplay.

I miss purple health when i am poisoned. I dunno if there was color for mana burn, but it should be so u easy see when u are poisoned or burnt.

I miss bubbles coming from altar to me when i gain piety. There is only some explosion. U can keep that and add incoming bubbles. U can also make bubbles black when u lose piety. Visuals are good to have.

Also show what happened when i lose or gain piety as in free version. I do not like clicking those tabs down there as i already said.

Beating challenges gave u higher gold limit in free version. U can use that in beta for preparation limit.

On map u can show names of dungeons instead of mouse on mouseover.

I like cellars in beta. But u can build on that. Make full mage tower or deep monster dungeon. That would mean more tiles to uncover and more monsters. I guess u would need to make higher level monsters then. But i dunno if that would make game to long?

Also dungeon maker would be great thing. Imagine people making dungeons and sharing them online. Make full campaigns for urself and others.

This is no critic, because game looks great as it is. Its just some of my suggestions to make it better.

And i hope there is a plan to make full game hires.

Anyway i just wanted to say that u are doing great job with this game:)

ps: sorry for bad english
darkcreep

Re: Suggestions

Postby Deadman on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:25 pm

Deadman

Postby darkcreep on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:16 pm

I didnt know that tactic. Well in that case u can make a checkbox for autopickup in settings or somwhere in inventory. Less clicks to do something is always nice to have.
I would also like to have potion bar always at top or bottom of inventory so its easier to glance on same spot when u check how many u have. Atm my eyes need to go trough full inventory to find them.
darkcreep

Postby FDru on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:11 pm

If you want to pick up potions faster just double click.

Autopickup is just a bad idea in general. The current version does not encourage wasting inventory space.
FDru

Postby spoomak on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:13 pm

How come the spoon takes a big inventory slot instead of a small one? In the alpha I always bought the spoon when I found it because it was so cheap. Now I often leave it in the shop because of the limited inventory space. A spoon shouldn't be that big of an object if you think about it.
spoomak

Postby darkcreep on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:42 pm

Oh i did not know u can double click it. Nice one. No need for autopick then.
Well ok then give circle animation from free version back when u pick it up:)
darkcreep

Postby PeaceChaser on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:53 pm

"u've" got some good points darkcreep. The green health bar was pretty helpful. You can also use the "tab" button to quickly scroll through the tabs on the bottom right.

It would be nice if activatable items (runes mostly) were separated so hotkeys are 1,2,3,4 - not 3 and 6 because you have physical items in all the other slots. Alternatively, runes could have permanent hotkeys assigned to them, like "f" for fireball. I'm sure this has been mentioned before though.
PeaceChaser

Postby q 3 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:37 pm

q 3

Postby PeaceChaser on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:07 am

I'm kinda with spoomak on this one actually. At 1 gold, 1 damage, 1 conversion point, it'd be nice if it took up a small slot. Especially in this version, where 1 base damage doesn't seem to mean quite as much as it did in the beta.
PeaceChaser

Postby Deadman on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:52 am

Deadman

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons