[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Upcoming Expansion / Content Patch

Upcoming Expansion / Content Patch

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Upcoming Expansion / Content Patch

Postby dislekcia on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:07 am

I don't think we're going to be able to produce new dungeons, with Nandrew leaving I'm not 100% confident that I can properly follow in his shoes and make cool scenarios to play. We spoke about items, but right now there's nothing new confirmed that doesn't seem to just break everything, so I'm going to say it's just classes.

Oh. And the daily. The whole daily thing.

And mobile. On the side.
dislekcia

Postby Astral on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:15 am

I'm sad to hear Nandrew is leaving the team, but I wish him good luck for his future projects!

The daily and new classes will make for a fantastic expansion, the lack of new items or anything else doesn't matter.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby dislekcia on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:49 pm

He's been gone for nearly a year now. It's one of the reasons this has taken so long.
dislekcia

Postby Tinker on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:04 pm

Any new content will be, I'm sure, much appreciated by your players! Do you need any playtesters? :)

Btw, would a scenario creation construction kit be a completely silly/unfeasible idea? I'm sure some of the players could come up with some fun but challenging scenarios, maybe not as brilliant as the original scenarios, but could maintain interest in the game for longer. Or is this the angle you want to cover with the dailies?
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Nurator on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:28 pm

New guess(fitting to the regeneration and the damage output) :

Body of Stone: Drinking a health potion transforms you: 25% resistances, +25% dmg, reduces health regeneration by half and completely stops mana regeneration. You start here.
Mind of a Chemist: Drinking a mana potion transforms you: Triple Mana regeneration but completely stops health regeneration.
Alchemy: Potion effects are increased to 50% ans give 10CP on use

How far off am I? :-)
Nurator

Postby dislekcia on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:56 am

dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Sounds great.

If it's mostly classess, could you give us a heads up on the forums (when the playtest stars) about where you want/expect/would like the new classess to fit into power wise? Just so we're not comparing apples and oranges. You'll obviously be able to see if we miss the point of a class or feature entirely, and you'll also be obviously able to see if we mindlessly lean on a combo with a class, but it's much easier to give sensible and concise feedback if we know if we're testing a Goatperson, a Swift hands type-guy who can't possibly be average or something that's not supposed to ace badgehunting runs with too little effort/preps.

Maybe a week or so for untainted statistics, depending on how long you intended the playtest to go, but clue us in on the expectations a bit later so we don't have to puzzle out both what we're supposed to be testing these guys against and how well they do at it. Not asking for an instruction manual, we'll surely put in a lot of runs and figure stuff out, just trying to make your life easier and both your and our time better spent. No point in you having to sift through overly speculative feedback, or us producing it if we could be giving more useful stuff.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby dislekcia on Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:42 pm

dislekcia

Postby Tinker on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:36 pm

I think we can just split up the breaking part. I'm gonna try to break anything and everything in terms of spamming fireballs, for example :) (Oooh, Gnome Chemist, can't wait to blast the Matron to smithereens! 8-) )
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:45 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons