[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - v0.21 BUG - Blue Bead

v0.21 BUG - Blue Bead

Got a problem? Let us know!

v0.21 BUG - Blue Bead

Postby Jedit on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:52 pm

The Blue Bead is not returning mana from kills when you have mana burn. I'm presuming this is unintended, as corresponding abilities for health do function when you're poisoned.
Jedit

Re: v0.21 BUG - Blue Bead

Postby dislekcia on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:46 am

No, this is correct. Mana burn is only cured by level ups or mana potions. Think about the balance implications: If the Blue Bead always "cured" mana burn, it would have to be a lot more expensive as an item. Then it wouldn't be worth its price if NOT mana burned, which would essentially make it a very special-purpose item with 1 use. Not a good idea.
dislekcia

Postby Jedit on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:46 pm

Jedit

Postby q 3 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:30 pm

I've just noticed this issue in the beta, and it's a little confusing. From what I can tell, neither the Blue Bead nor Wizard glyph conversion will not work while you are mana burned. However, there are at least two ways to restore mana while mana burned (without curing mana burn): Glowing Guardian's Protection boon, and a Thief drinking a health potion. (Similarly, a Paladin can restore health by killing undead even when he is poisoned.) This seems inconsistent to me - either they should all work, or none of them should work. I personally think they should still work, since the purpose of mana burn is to prevent natural mana regeneration from exploration, while all of the above methods of regeneration are from sources other than exploration. Still, restoring MP while mana burned is very powerful - it gives you a quasi immunity to mana burn, allowing you to attack an enemy that has mana burn without losing any MP - so it might be appropriate to nerf in all circumstances. But as it is right now, you have one item and one class that are both a lot less useful than they could be, and one boon and one class that are a lot stronger, and it seems rather arbitrary to me.
q 3

Postby FDru on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:53 am

Seems to me like it should work, since mana burn doesn't lock your MP at zero (according to the thief potion ability anyway).
FDru

Postby dislekcia on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:58 pm

We're figuring out which of those regens are valid and which aren't... Divinely given mana should go through manaburn, pretty much everything else shouldn't unless it cures it first.

Manaburn has always been different to poison - after all, health and mana a very different resources.
dislekcia

Postby q 3 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:52 pm

Sounds good (although there's currently only one divine source of mana regen that doesn't cure mana burn). Balancing Thieves might be tricky, though, since if their health potions no longer restore mana while mana burned, but their mana potions still restore health while poisoned, Gnome Thieves will be even more superior to Halfling Thieves than they are now...
q 3

Return to Support