DD Bug or feature? First priest run worship?

Got a problem? Let us know!

DD Bug or feature? First priest run worship?

Postby fishtobaskets on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:15 pm

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. I looked over the website for an overt place to report beta bugs/questions and didn't see anywhere more appropriate.

On my first playthrough with a priest, which occurred in the eastern tundra, I entered the subdungeon that introduces gods/altars and received poison/mana burn when I walked over the first activity square. When I passed the short puzzle & reached the altar, I was auto-worshipped to Glowing Guardian on the first playthrough, which is fine. However, the tooltip for worshipping him says he removes debuffs upon worship, which did not happen. If entering the subdungeon is the first thing you do, this leaves you poisoned/mana burned with no viable way to recover hp/mp enough to reach level 2. Thus, I suspect this isn't intentional.

Let me know if I missed anything here or if I can provide further information. If it makes a difference I failed my first attempt (picked up the megaheal potion duhhh) and retired/restarted. I thought it seemed strange that there were 8 shops and no altars on my 2nd priest attempt, also in the eastern tundra, so I retired/restarted again, intent on unlocking altars for future playthroughs. So technically the above happened on my 3rd attempt with the priest, first time successfully reaching the altar.
fishtobaskets

Re: DD Bug or feature? First priest run worship?

Postby dislekcia on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:58 am

Stumbling across an altar in order to awaken that god is not the same as choosing to worship at that god's altar later on. So while the Glowing Guardian does indeed remove debuffs when you first worship him, in his trial he demands that adventurers suffer for their sins.

You could always have quaffed a health potion, curing the poison at the cost of losing what you had in your inventory to his wrath, then you'd have been able to regenerate up to full health and probably level up from there. The god trials are intentionally tricky though, that one in particular. The Glowing Guardian is a demanding bastard.
dislekcia

Re: DD Bug or feature? First priest run worship?

Postby fishtobaskets on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Quaffing a potion is frowned upon among the devout. But your point is well-taken and actually pretty cool. As long as it's working as intended I'm satisfied.
fishtobaskets

Return to Support