[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - um... Unhappy Customer :(

um... Unhappy Customer :(

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: um... Unhappy Customer :(

Postby dislekcia on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:15 pm

dislekcia

Postby Grond on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:09 pm

My mistake about the ZAR thing. I assumed it was a RAR type file extension. I need to brush up on my world currencies. Apparently that's the game price in South African rand. Excuse my ignorance; I'm from the Divided States, and we're a bit out of touch with the rest of the world here. Ok, way more than a bit.

The download time is usually about 15 seconds, but sometimes over 30. I'm estimating here, as I haven't timed it. It's usually a short download, and the times that it's 30 seconds is rare, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I'll start paying attention to the Friday downloads, to see if it's longer.

I believe the cursor position issue has been addressed in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=320

That seems to be similar to what is happening to me. But, my OS is Windows XP media center edition, and my browser is SRWare Iron, version 3. It's a Chrome knockoff, almost identical, so Unity should behave the same in Chrome as in Iron. Also, my desktop resolution is 800x600. To fix the cursor problem, I go fullscreen in the game, hit escape, change my resolution to 1024x768, then go back to 800x600 and everything works fine. And this problem exists for me when I start the game, whether I play fullscreen or not.

Maybe a standalone game with an auto-update feature? How many of us would opt to play in the browser if we could simply click a shortcut on our desktops? I can see why playing in the browser would be useful while people are at work, though. :)

Also, a minor quibble - I'm wondering if you should continue advertising with the "ten minute coffee break" thing. You might be able to beat an easy dungeon in ten minutes, but if you're at work and wanting to continue your progress, you'll get nowhere during a short coffee break. Why? Because if you want to win on any of the harder dungeons, you actually have to PLAN and THINK (God forbid!), and it's going to take you longer than ten minutes. Or maybe I'm just slow.

Just some thoughts. Overall, great game, and I hope you get wealthy from it. I love seeing a good indie game succeed. :)
Grond

Postby fall_ark on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:15 am

I've found that Unity constantly runs into weird problems while in IE(9.0). Chrome has always been fine though. Dunno about others.
fall_ark

Postby subanark on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:47 am

I've had problems at times with firefox. If I switch tabs or scroll down then my browser it screws up everything in the browser as far as where pointer vs actual clicks go.
subanark

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons