[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Final monk quest

Final monk quest

All things Desktop Dungeons

Final monk quest

Postby FDru on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Tell me how to beat it because I suck.

Or at least a hint. I got the monk part down but I seem to be failing at the rest.
FDru

Re: Final monk quest

Postby TigerKnee on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:40 pm

I beat it with Dracul abuse which probably isn't applicable in this version now. Oh well!

I think Dracul is still probably the best god for said area though. Also try to take down Meatmans early because the higher level you are, the more powers they get and late-game meatman basically ruin Monks.
TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Prepare the venom sword, and use the monk's fast regeneration to beat down some high-level meatmen. Once they become poisonous you'll have a great deal of difficulty fighting them, and once they become corrosive you can't touch them, so focus on getting bonus XP early and beating up as many of the higher-level meatmen as possible. Pick the smuggler preparation so you have an extra sub-dungeon of tiles to explore. The goal is to reach level 7 (preferably 8) early on with lots of tiles left to explore, and just beat the bosses down by poison antics (you'll need to use your healing potions on the poisonous super meatman, but it isn't that bad).
Darvin

Postby FDru on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Well I tried and tried to get Dracul to work (starting with vampiric blade) but did not even come close to victory.

Venom sword worked first time, beat super meat man at level 6 :lol:

Smuggler's hold was very useful for that run, I never really used it before but I'll have to think about using it a lot more often from now on.

Anyway, thanks for that. Martyr Wraps are really cool (especially when starting with a burn salve).
FDru

Postby Kamendae on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:57 pm

I've been stuck on this one too. Haven't unlocked the Venom Sword yet, nor do I know where to find it - any clues? :)
Kamendae

Postby bla0815 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:52 pm

If you don't have the venom blade, use the tri-sword and hope for APHEELSIK or Tikki Tooki. Since you will probably not be able to poison from the start you will have to regen fight the mana burners (with TT) or classic slimes for rapid leveling up, which is a little more expensive in regeneration terms. Then again the tri-sword will make the regen fights a little bit cheaper in general and that will really show at the boss fights. Imho orcs are best suited for the task, since their better start may very well result in a higher level at the boss fight.

As further preparation advice: Swap health for attack. You don't need high max health for regen fighting as long as you are able to take one blow. Also you want the green potion and the sword (or perhaps the whistle).
bla0815

Postby HoldOn2YourKite on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:55 pm

****BIG NOOB ALERT****

I don't see how this level is possible at all, and I've had barely any trouble with the other dungeons so far. I understand the basic concept of this level but can't seem to grasp the solution. I've attempted multiple initial setups, varying gods, and strategies. Nothing has seemed to help. Either I don't hit for enough damage or there isn't enough map left to regen off of.

How does a monk that hits for ~50 at "boss time" take out a boss with 1.3k hp (and poison) and a boss with 450 hp and 75% resist? Any help would be appreciated.
HoldOn2YourKite

Postby HoldOn2YourKite on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:09 pm

After an extremely lucky run I was finally able to beat it, funny how this seems to be harder than the vicious dungeons :? .

My tip for beating it is.... Get really lucky.
Last edited by HoldOn2YourKite on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoldOn2YourKite

Postby Darvin on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:08 am

Darvin

Postby Kamendae on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:45 am

Ah - gotta actually beat Creeplight first, then beat it again with Assassin + unstoppable - guess I'll run through twice, your advice was good for the first win. Thanks! :)
Kamendae

Return to Desktop Dungeons