Unity - Done.

Got a problem? Let us know!

Unity - Done.

Postby Ogaburan on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Found out about the prototype form thecinicalbrit, after an 8 hour session with it... i decided to research further.
Then i saw the new pics and options you guys implemented.
Immediately decided to buy it!

After the whole shabang of buying it, you know what im talking about (!), the bloody game wont even start!
All the Unity thingy does is load itself, after the "Done" on the bottom left screen appears it crashes my browser.
I should really say browsers, wont work on Firefox, Chrome and... surprisingly not even on Explorer! (sarcasm, as we all know its only used to download better browsers).

I tried downloading the "fix" with the .cab file (cant find the link atm) installed the .exe and nada.

Help me you must.
Beta development very curious I am.
:ugeek:
Ogaburan

Re: Unity - Done.

Postby dislekcia on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Argh.

Ok, first thing to test is does it work with other Unity games? Heah here and try a few at random: http://unity3d.com/gallery/game-list

Once we know if it's Unity or DD that's the problem, we can go on from there. If it's Unity, I'd check your drivers and make sure you had DirectX installed happily before doing anything else.
dislekcia

Postby Leonardo_Monetti on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:44 am

I'd like to jump in to this conversation adn mention I am having similar issues.
Seems like the unity plugin hates my computer, and either takes stupid ammounts of ram than my pc doesn't have. (I see the task manager saying I am using over 1.7 gb of ram, when I only have 1 gb.), and eventually freezing and crashing after it finishes loading. I did try other unity games and they run.
That on firefox, on Chrome it's a bit of a gamble, most of the time it runs, sometimes it doesn't, on either case I get several 'plugin isn't working, want to stop?' errors. I really can't wait for the time when i won't be forced to use unity anymore. And, unity works for me, and my DirectX is up to date and working properly.

I honestly hope that the non browser version will work on my end heh.
Leonardo_Monetti

Postby Invain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:55 pm

I'm getting the same error. Unity starts to load and when the progress bar is full, the browser stops responding and there is a memory leak. Page file usage gradually went from 600mb to over 2.2 gb before I finally killed the process. Same issue in different browsers (Opera Portable 11.61 launched from USB stick and IE 7 installed locally). No error messages, other Unity games load fine.

I had absolutely no issues on home pc, it's the one at work that refuses to cooperate.
Invain

Return to Support