[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Unlocking Goatperson

Unlocking Goatperson

All things Desktop Dungeons

Unlocking Goatperson

Postby Hoodoo on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:47 am

I've been playing for a while now. I have 6 gods, every class unlocked, every race but the orc. I have no other monster classes unlocked. I still don't have the Goat Glade. I bought the edition that came with the Goatperson DLC and the Soundtrack and all I can find are statements that it takes either 4 or 6 gods unlocked which I've already satisfied!

Anyone know?
Hoodoo

Re: Unlocking Goatperson

Postby Winterous on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:41 am

I'm not sure what triggers the Goat Glade to appear, but I suspect you need all races unlocked before it will. So, go find the Orcs :D
Winterous

Postby Hoodoo on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:34 pm

I've played so much.. they only appeared once for me. I lost the dungeon by mistake and orcs weren't unlocked :(
Hoodoo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Go into the west dungeons. There is a much higher chance of the orc spawning there.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby BearTania on Sat May 09, 2015 5:52 pm

I bought the Goatperson DLC (as part of the Advanced Edition on Steam- 2 copies- 1 & a gift).
I thought that meant the Race would be available immediately. The glade only appeared for both of us after playing a while, but we still have to buy it for 3000.
Is that how it's supposed to work? or is this a bug?
If we hadn't bought the DLC, would it just never have appeared at all?

Please help!
Thank you!
Eilzabeth
BearTania

Postby dislekcia on Sun May 10, 2015 11:41 am

That's how it's supposed to work. If you hadn't bought the DLC, then the Goat Glade simply would exist in your Kingdom and the Goatperson and triple quests wouldn't be available at all.
dislekcia

Postby BearTania on Mon May 11, 2015 2:24 pm

(I didn't realize the length of the delay in getting approval for posts so I had also posted my own separate topic on this too. Sorry! Here's my answer from there too - in hopes it helps any other confused newbies :) )
Ah ok. Thank you for clearing it up! I thought I had seen elsewhere (after buying the game but trying to investigate the DLC situation) that players could get the glade and the race after playing the 'regular' game for a while and since it didn't even appear for a while, I had inferred that the DLC was some sort of bypass to that time or in game purchase.. But since I wasn't sure, still had to ask.

Don't know how Or when I'll get 3K saved since I'm still struggling with some earlier quests just to get other basic races started, but glad to know it's working as it should.

Thank you!
BearTania

Postby Tinker on Mon May 11, 2015 3:04 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby MTaur on Thu May 28, 2015 6:43 am

If you haven't unlocked Goatperson yet, then you probably aren't ready yet anyway. It takes a while to unlock for good reason. It's a little unusual for paid content to take this long to unlock, but when you see how challenging and different it is, you might appreciate it a bit more.
MTaur

Postby BearTania on Thu May 28, 2015 2:53 pm

I did finally get it to appear for purchasing, but I'm DEFINITELY not ready for it yet. :) Despite being far far short on funds, definitely need far more practice first. I've found a lot of races, but only made it through a (pathetic) handful of the first quests and I still mess up the gods' puzzles, which I always feel like I _almost_ have, then die, so.. nope.
Looking forward to seeing it though. I got the Enhanced version for a friend too so we've been playing and it's been fun to find different aspects in different orders. (e.g. He found race X first, but I found god Y first.. etc)
Thanks!
BearTania

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons