[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Lynzkar attempts to rainbow vicious dungeons, a DD diary

Lynzkar attempts to rainbow vicious dungeons, a DD diary

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Demonic Library & Namatar's Lair

Postby chandl34 on Fri May 29, 2015 2:36 am

Rainbowed Namtar's tonight with Dwarf Rogue on Vicious. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th forms were a lot stronger than I was expecting them to be, but I got it after two tries. This was Binlor => TT, but without PISSORF. I went in with a CYDSTEPP strategy with Namtar's Ward and finding CYDSTEPP, but I was able to avoid ever going negative on piety, and was able to get Tikki's Edge, Dodge, and 4 Reflexes.
chandl34

Postby Lynzkar on Fri May 29, 2015 3:37 pm

So that is vicious token down, only goat person, vampire and monk left for rainbow.

I went for traditional pissorf strategy. I tried as Orc, Dwarf and Goblin Cruseder and Goblin chemist too, but I got alot of problems with namatar's 4th form. He had such high damage and health, I almost got past it as the goblin chemist, but again I did not have the resources.
As the orc wizard, with pissorf strategy I used up every resource I had, except for blackspace.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Lynzkar on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:39 am

After attempting to beat namtar's lair with vampire, goatpersone and monk the last 3 days, my attempts has not yeilded any results. Please send advice.
Lynzkar

Postby Tinker on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:55 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby chandl34 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:16 am

I wish I'd taken screenshots, so I could remember what I did recently.

Monk was my final class. I'm pretty sure I brought in Elven Boots and Binlor, and got Stone Fist. I regen-fought Namtar's first form with APHEELSIK, platemail, soul orb, and health potions. Second form, I'm pretty sure was all fireballs.

I remember the trolls being great food for the vampire.
chandl34

Postby chandl34 on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:22 pm

I'm getting close to rainbowing Demonic Library now (leaving only GT, VGT, Dragon Isles, and Naga City). I'm surprised how easy DL has been. I've gotten wins on my first try for the 15 classes I've tried so far, including a horribly played bloodmage. I'm not looking forward to the half-dragon though.
chandl34

Postby Lynzkar on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:02 am

I found demonic libary to be rather easy too, atleast once you have learned all it's tricks.
I still have not managed to beat namatar's with goat, monk and vampire. I have sort of given up, and might head to dragon isles or naga city prematurely.
Lynzkar

Postby Blovski on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 am

Yeah, DL is relatively easy now. Used to have 444 HP on all the minibosses (and higher damage? IIRC and I think Avatar spawned plants rather than his current XP minipacks), which put a lot more of the challenge topside. Took me about a week to Vamp. Now I think it can be spiked to death without much issue and the topside is more of a gold/XP generator than a challenge if played right. Half-Dragon really should be fine, you more or less have a guaranteed thing to Knockback Avatar into (as well as easy-times positioning him to keep the topside accessible) and the mixed damage helps with the topside bosses. I'm thinking of taking in JJ and doing some topside demon lord skittles.
Blovski

Postby chandl34 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:16 pm

Yeah, half-dragon was a lot easier than I thought. He got many easy kills on avatar spawns, and that let him level a few times during the fight.

Half-dragon, chemist, and rat took two tries. The rest took one try.
chandl34

Postby Tinker on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:16 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons