Suggestion - level 10 dungeons

All things Desktop Dungeons

Suggestion - level 10 dungeons

Postby Wargizmo on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:14 am

I was thinking it would be cool if when finishing a dungeon you got the option to proceed to a second, extremely hard dungeon designed for only the most godly level 10's.

Basically it's for those times when you have the perfect run and finish the dungeon as a god with a ton of potions left over but nothing left to fight.

Like today I was playing a fireball assassin on Doubledoom, and was lucky enough to spawn mage plate, fire heart, Dracul AND Mysteria in the same dungeon. With the battlemage ring I took in the result was 70 damage stacking fireballs, from a 35 mana pool with a whole lot of mana potions to spare.

I think everyone has had those runs where everything just lines up perfectly and you destroy the boss in 2 hits and you're left feeling a bit empty cause you've created this perfectly crafted demi-god of a hero and have nothing left to do with him (except make a forum post to brag hahaha).
Wargizmo

Re: Suggestion - level 10 dungeons

Postby Herborist on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:15 pm

I think that the only dungeons where this feature would be used is in dungeons that are already too easy, so the "level 10 dungeon" wouldn't be much of a step up.

Most of the hard and vicious dungeons make you really work for that win. I can't imagine ever getting to that status (especially as an assassin) in the hall of steel (or any other vicious dungeon - HoS still vicious?)
Herborist

Return to Desktop Dungeons