[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Labyrinth help!

Labyrinth help!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Labyrinth help!

Postby Herborist on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Can anyone clue me in to how I'm supposed to beat the labyrinth?

I've tried every combination of race and preparations for all of the starter classes and I keep running into the same problems - the boss has too much health, I have too little health, and I rarely find an ENDISWALL glyph (if ever).
Herborist

Re: Labyrinth help!

Postby FDru on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Remember that Rex only appears to the N, E, S or W of you (never diagonally). So try to fight in positions where he will be passable after he chases you. If you haven't gotten the Dragon Shield yet I'd suggest doing that (beat dragon isles, fairly easy with a berserker) as the extra resistances help a lot.
FDru

Postby Herborist on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:11 pm

Herborist

Postby FDru on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Ah, I don't remember that... it's above the Druid Grove on the map, probably need to beat that first.
FDru

Postby Halion on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:04 pm

The defend prep from the mage tower is handy for starting with a way to break walls. Binlor is also excellent for this. I find the dungeon isn't too bad if you can get enough room to move about. The current Rock Heart+Pisorf+Strength Potion combo works well here, Wizard especially should find that this solves the level without too much hassle, but I've tried it successfully with priest and thief too.
Halion

Postby Herborist on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Herborist

Postby Halion on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:19 pm

Halion

Postby Herborist on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Herborist

Postby Wargizmo on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:09 am

The trick to beating this dungeon (and most dungeons) is to leave as many of the low levels alone as you can and only go after high level monsters to level up. The boss spawns after a certain number of kills, so if you can kill the minimal amount of stuff you'll be much higher level when by the time he goes after you. You'll also want to use the Magnet: Defend preparation, which automatically gives you a wall breaking or knockback glyph at the start, this means you'll never get stuck (unless you run out of mana and have no pots) and won't have to fight the boss until the very end and you'll also be able to avoid killing low levels if you don't want to.

I'd also recommend reading most of the threads in this forum because there's loads of good tips for just general gameplay and strategy, which will help you out a lot.
Wargizmo

Postby Herborist on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:44 am

Herborist

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons