[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - For the Pro's - Any Dungeons Unbeaten?

For the Pro's - Any Dungeons Unbeaten?

All things Desktop Dungeons

For the Pro's - Any Dungeons Unbeaten?

Postby Zazzlegut on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:29 pm

Mere mortal here....I've learned a lot from 6 or 8 of you folks that I call "the pro's".

Just wondering if you have personal Waterloo dungeons....ones that you still haven't beaten and it's driving you nuts. :-)

I've got tons of them. Just curious if someone has "beaten the game"...and if not, what can't you get past?

Cheers........Z
Zazzlegut

Re: For the Pro's - Any Dungeons Unbeaten?

Postby Tinker on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:46 pm

Well, I wouldn't call myself a pro, but I do have a decent completion rate (I just play damn too much DD! :lol: ). The only dungeon I haven't rainbowed yet is Vicious Gaan-Telet (I'm at the silver halo, so about 50% completion). Some of the VGT badges are quite difficult... that said, the one that really creeps me out is the Rat Monarch. Which is otherwise an awesome class for any other map... but such a terrible class for VGT. :(
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Rob1221 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:09 pm

VT Naga City is one I've been banging my head into recently. Due to the way the token works, Naga City gets hit pretty hard, giving the bosses a 1/3 increase in damage and a 2/3 increase in health. My farthest run was with an orc crusader. I entered the arena with both resists 60+, got some good stuff from the metal spider subdungeon, and still lost on the 8th boss. Maybe if I had dragon soul and fire heart I'd have enough resources, but that just means even more scumming besides the subdungeon.
Rob1221

Postby Tinker on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:04 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Blovski on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:54 pm

I don't think I've tried any of the Triple Quests. A few of the Golds have eluded me (I think it's mostly the Explorer's Guild ones), and I've only got 2 classes on VGT because I don't enjoy that dungeon too much. Also, Goats on the Vicious dungeons. Think that's about it. I got a bit stuck on the Namtar VT but that's because I'm irrationally convinced the potion transmuters can do it if I play a bit better.
Blovski

Postby Rob1221 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:24 am

Update: VT Naga City completed (more details in the bragging topic) 8-)
Rob1221

Postby Zazzlegut on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:58 am

It's pretty cool hearing about all this...and for the most part, I have no idea what any of you are talking about. :-)

I haven't unlocked most of the things you've mentioned so this is kind of like a 10 second preview for a movie coming out next summer.

Oh...and what is "scumming"? Sorry, had to ask.
Zazzlegut

Postby kente on Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:52 pm

kente

Postby Zazzlegut on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:01 am

Interesting....I played and loved all of the Baldur's Gate games, years ago and never did that. Wow, I missed out!
Zazzlegut

Postby Blovski on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:21 am

Blovski

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons