[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Suggestion: "Preset" preparations templates

Suggestion: "Preset" preparations templates

All things Desktop Dungeons

Suggestion: "Preset" preparations templates

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:10 am

I noticed that most of the time I pretty much bring the same preparations anyway (the bank only has 25 gold preparation, and there's no reason not to take it)

With that said, it's kind of troublesome to have to set up my entire preparations list every time.

Being able to "save" templates so you can say, have preset preparations you can load for your mage classes and another for your fighters would be nice.
TigerKnee

Re: Suggestion: "Preset" preparations templates

Postby Wargizmo on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:31 am

That's an awesome idea, I second that.

There should also be a 'last used' button, so if you're repeating a dungeon over and over you can just click on it.
Wargizmo

Postby Halion on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:08 am

Halion

Postby Herborist on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:34 pm

I would definitely support a "last used" button, but templates would sort of be useless for me. If I beat a dungeon with a given template, I'd probably discard it almost immediately. Why would I use the same template twice in a row?

EDIT: Twice in a row meaning, I use a template, beat the dungeon, then use it again with another class on that same dungeon (why I would go for two consecutive victories with the same class?).
Herborist

Postby FDru on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Two reasons I think templates could be useful:

1. Intermittent visits to dungeons for boss trophy runs (only needed to farm gold, but I found after repeated failures of certain dungeons I eventually ran out even when I had 7000+ at one point).

2. Loading up the majority of the preps I usually use. For example, I almost always bring strength + shudenfrued (sp?) potions, -2 damage shield, scout: player, smuggler hold, bank gold and grab fireball. Typically I only change the vault item + occasionally the mage guild prep (if I need extra attack for certain classes) unless I'm doing something specific like boss farming (then I only take fireball + bet on boss and nothing else).

Long story short, being able to load up the majority of my preps instantly would be convenient most of the time.
FDru

Postby gjaustin on Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:03 pm

gjaustin

Postby Herborist on Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Herborist

Postby Zalminen on Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:50 pm

It would still be useful, you can always just save the preparations you'd choose 95% of the time.

Another way of implementing the same feature:
How about adding a button in each building screen to "Set as default" for the selected preparation? The default preparation should then have a colored border or something.
This has the benefit that you can see the other options when choosing the default for that building.
Zalminen

Postby gjaustin on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:45 pm

gjaustin

Postby Troggle on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Being able to set presets would be nice. I'd definitely make use of it. I do end up using a similar build for any given class on most dungeons, and I think it would save some time. Especially things like 25 gold, which I would only ever not use if I was doing a quest that forbade preparations or something.
Troggle

Return to Desktop Dungeons