When did you start playing DD?

All things Desktop Dungeons

When did you start playing DD?

Postby William on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:00 pm

I happened upon the game when it was in Alpha version and "completed" it with all classes and races back then. I lost track of the game during beta and early full release, and "rediscovered" it on Gog.com in mid 2014. I bought it in September 2014, played it a little bit, but got so overwhelmed by all the options that I left it for a bit. I restarted my kingdom a few weeks before the Enhanced Edition came out and once I unlocked DERP, there was no turning back. I bought a tablet so that I could play the Android version too (also for Minecraft pocket edition). :D
"Because Goatperson"
William

Re: When did you start playing DD?

Postby Tinker on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:27 pm

I was totally oblivious to DD's existence until last summer. I've read about it then, and I was like, ok, this is part RPG, part other cool stuff, possibly similar to FTL which I had been playing at the time, so I might as well give it a shot. Been playing for about a year now (I got the game around my reg date).
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Blovski on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:38 pm

I hopped on mid beta, but I played a bit of the alpha when it was first released.
Blovski

Postby Nurator on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:16 am

I started with the old alpha. Played it a LOT. Then forgot about it and played it again. At some time (I guess around 3-4 years ago), I bought the beta, when all vicious dungeons were available, but VGOT had its old layout. Dont know exactly when that was^^

Edit: My first post in the forum was on 24th March, 2012 (!).
Nurator

Postby Darvin on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:21 pm

I discovered DD towards the end of the Alpha, either late 2010 or early 2011. There was an indication that a full-version was under development, and I just happened to stumble on this forum within 24 hours of public registrations being opened so I signed up and started discussing Desktop Dungeons.
Darvin

Postby Rob1221 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:43 pm

I started playing the alpha version after seeing Totalbiscuit's video about it. I forgot when I bought the full game but it was sometime after the Steam release.
Rob1221

Postby sitnaltax on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:50 am

I started playing in the alpha and, like William, completed the game (even the ludicrously punishing triple quest). I was enough of a fan that when I caught wind of the beta, I signed on right away. I have to say: I had high hopes for the commercial version and the end product exceeded them. The devs did a really great job of distilling the best of the gameplay and adding the right graphics and sound to make the end product really polished.
sitnaltax

Postby Zazzlegut on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:13 am

I've only been playing about three months now. I can't even remember where I first heard about the game, but I remember it sounded pretty cool and decided to track it down. Lucky for me that when I found it, it was on sale at GOG so I got it for a really good price.

It's the least I've ever paid for such a vast amount of frustration. :-)
Zazzlegut

Return to Desktop Dungeons