[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - What Else Do You Play?

What Else Do You Play?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: What Else Do You Play?

Postby sitnaltax on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:16 am

sitnaltax

Postby dislekcia on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:36 pm

I'm enjoying the Witness a ton. The puzzles themselves are great and there are quite a few "No way..." moments that really make you take a step back and sort of just stop and be jealous that someone else could make this.
dislekcia

Postby Raz on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:59 pm

Is this forum where I first heard of Progress Quest?
Played that all weekend... it can be brutal sometimes. :lol:
Raz

Postby DarkDungeoneer1020 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:43 am

Warning: Wall of Text

Since right now its pretty much just DD i guess i will just list the best i have seen/played categorized by genre with a limit of 4 per category or else i might write too much (even though that will happen anyway)

Maturity Ratings:
Games with an M in front of their name generally have quite a bit of blood/swearing
Games with a T in front of their name generally have slight-medium amounts of blood/swearing
Games with an E in front of their name generally don't have blood or swearing and if they do its usually non-red blood/very low amounts and extremely light swearing.
Games with a T+ in front of their name fit somewhere between M and T
Keep in mind it won't be spot on since i may forget things just thought i should let people know in case they don't like blood/swearing

Stealth

Simulation

Mostly To Entirely Text-based

Strategy

RPGs

God Games

Edit list:
Fixed something i missed in the preview
Put things in spoilers since i forgot to do that before
Changed 3 game limit per genre to 4 due to amount of games and the fact i will write too much either way
Added a few more genres and games in other genres (if i add anymore it will be in another post though)
Corrected some errors
Noted that Sorcery! parts 1 and 2 are now out on Steam (Also on sale)

Tldr: I like video games :)
Last edited by DarkDungeoneer1020 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Desktop Dungeons D.E.R.P ID: Dungeoneer1020
Current Favorite Desktop Dungeons Race/Class Combos: Gnome Sorcerer, Gnome Tinker
Favorite God: TT
My Desktop Dungeons Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvtEv ... IAVrc1492g
AKA:
Dark
Bad at DD
DarkDungeoneer1020

Postby William on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:21 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby zayyeh on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:36 am

Dungeon of the Endless! These two games have something in common: Carefully think what would be your next move and precious blackspace which give you resources :)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby DarkDungeoneer1020 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:55 am

Current Favorite Desktop Dungeons Race/Class Combos: Gnome Sorcerer, Gnome Tinker
My Desktop Dungeons Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvtEv ... IAVrc1492g
AKA:
Dark
Bad at DD
DarkDungeoneer1020

Postby DarkDungeoneer1020 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:36 am

AKA:
Dark
Bad at DD
DarkDungeoneer1020

Postby The Tapir on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:54 am

One game I picked up recently and have subsequently become enamored with is Risk of Rain. I'd be hard pressed to describe it concisely, but more or less it's a roguelike where survival is heavily dependent on finding the teleporter to the next world and activating it ASAP before the ever-increasing enemy (and later on, boss) spawns overwhelm you. Each character has their own skill set to suit a unique playstyle (mind, this is coming from what I've seen of late game - I'm hard pressed to get beyond a few levels on the hardest difficulty), which gets complemented by the stacking allowed of items - for example, stacking lots attack speed with on-hit effects on an already fast-firing character, or using on-kill effects to cause a chain reaction of death, or simply stacking passive attacking abilities to camp forever. It's got the difficulty that I like to see alongside meaningful planning and strategy that attracted me to DD. Though I don't have too much time logged, I'd at least recommend that anyone interested take a look.
The Tapir

Postby Nurator on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:17 am

Did anyone play Sand Castle Builder? It is based on the One True Comic from Randall Munroe (the XKCD guy) and a severly strange idle game. The game is about figuring out how to play the game and then coming around the corner and saying "NOPE, you are playing me wrong. Actually you have to do that". I am playing it for MONTH now and I am not even close in seeing every aspect of the game^^

A masterpiece, but really nerdy and only for people with a lot of time.
Nurator

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons