[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Lynzkar attempts to rainbow vicious dungeons, a DD diary

Lynzkar attempts to rainbow vicious dungeons, a DD diary

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Demonic Library & Namatar's Lair

Postby chandl34 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:45 pm

chandl34

Postby chandl34 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:58 am

Oh man, this was nasty.

It started off great. I found EM and Pactmaker early, so I was able to get an early start on my resists/hp/dr. I also found the potions subdungeon, as well as a box of health potions in a shop, giving me a total of 12 health potions.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find platemail or tower shield like I was hoping, so my resists built up slower than I would've liked. To beat the first demon, I had to buy the vampiric blade, which means I had to drop my EM piety farm and switch to Mystera. The rest of the demons went down easily, but I spent all my mana potions and 2 schadenfreudes in the process. I used the battlemage ring temporarily to handle the final demon (physical resist/weakening).

I had 11 health potions going downstairs, and I brought in piercing wand initially to work down the Avatar. As always, a strong ??? spawned on the staircase, so I had to spend some resources to get it out of the way, and knocking another ??? behind the Avatar. I was spending a health potion every two hits on the avatar, until I hit his berserk and it went to one per hit. I finally ran out of juice exactly two hits short of victory.

I had 11 piety left with Mystera with Binlor, EM, and GG on the board. I made the decision to go GG and heal what I could. Unfortunately, that means I had to throw away my 51% resists and take 5 corrosion. My two heals from conversion were only enough for one hit. I had to convert my APHEELSIK, BURNDAYRAZ, vampiric blade, and witchalok to get my final heal, thankfully preventing me from needing to desecrate Mystera, and allowing me this sweet, incredibly close kill shot.

chandl34

Postby Tinker on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:18 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lynzkar on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:11 pm

I should rename this thread to "Lynzkar does vicious dungeons". Anyways now that I am seemingly back to desktop dungeons, I do not know for how long I figured I'd continue my adventure in rainbowing vicious dungeons. A few things went undocumentent unforturnatley. I did a random run a couple of days ago, got Elf Tinker in Naga City, so Tinker down in Naga City. I also did a half-dragon run, again forgot to documentate it :c

Anyways to the runs I acctualy documented. I finaly got Namatar's Lair down on Vampire, had some tough RNG on this. Goatperson & Monk remaining for gold.
¨

I also got what I would say is my best run in Naga City yet as the gorgon, I quite simply stomped every single boss.

I had a whopping 3 potions left, most were unnecessary to be honest, I were being too greedy on the blackspace. I hardly used any blackspace for most of the bosses, and the prince went down easily because of posion strike.

When it comes to goatperson I keep running out of food at rather bad times, most of my runs ends up looking something like this
Any tips on how to keep food stock high? I'm currently prepping yendor but tbh it does not help that much.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Tinker on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:24 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Re: Lynzkar attempts to rainbow vicious dungeons, a DD diary

Postby Lynzkar on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Had a really good goatperson run, learned the hard(and unobservant) way that non-exp valuable enemies do not give food.

I will continue to try goatperson I'm starting to get a hang of it.
Lynzkar

Re: Lynzkar attempts to rainbow vicious dungeons, a DD diary

Postby Lynzkar on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:44 pm

GOATPERSON VICTORY! get that squared away. A hefty run, tikki tokki carried it for the most part, Poison, Tikki's Edge & Reflexes made some fight silly easy.

AAAAAND MONK DOWN! I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE FOR ART.

Next up is the Naga Empire, more speccificly, the Naga City.So I
Progress in Naga City so far

Edit : Got Nagacity done with monk, forgot to take screenshot of victory screen :c

(Sorry for the exsessive amout of links in this post.)
Lynzkar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons