[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - VGT Goat - How to do it?

VGT Goat - How to do it?

All things Desktop Dungeons

VGT Goat - How to do it?

Postby devilchn on Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:08 pm

So I have made all vgt runs except Goat & Rat Monarch. I've been trying Goat for 20 some runs now and I don't seem to quite get there. I had one pretty good setup without Halpmeh wehere I almost got to Horatio. So first question: are my preps correct:
Dragon Shield
PBadge
Att Boost
Quest Items
Extra Gold
Fort Pot, Burn Salve, P, M
No God

2nd quetion: What do I veto?
3rd question: What do I scam for? I think the obvious choice would be Halpmeh, Getindare and (Piercing Wand or Biceps). What else do I want from the shops. Is it possible without Getindare? I found that Midas and Dragon Soul were both awesome in my more normal runs. Probably the same is true for Goat. What are the best items in general? Soul Orb seems quite good.
4th question: What do I want from the gods? What is the correct god to start in? I sometimes found it difficult to get the first kills with bonus xp. GG obviously helps there but that seemed tight on the food. Mystere gives a lot of Piety which is nice but does not help with kills. Taurog doesn't seem to help as I struggle to get to 20/25 piety.
What do I need midgame? In some runs I took Humility on level 4/5 bfore the first level 8 kills but I got quickly starved on exploration. Do I need to take it later? I also took Taurog Armour, Drac Shield and two tithes. However I think more tithes are necessary.
Lategame? Well, I don't think you have much of a choice there. Drac would be optimal I guess.

Thanks for any advice!
devilchn

Re: VGT Goat - How to do it?

Postby Gakato on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:16 pm

First of all: Welcome to the forum!

Now to your question: I think you might want to have a look here and here and somewhere before (or in another thread?) there should also be Astral's run. For vetoing, just veto the quest items you don't want to see, apart from that I think the screenshots give a good overview.

Good luck! :)
Gakato

Postby flap on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:26 pm

"VGT Goat - How to do it?" From what I read : Painfully.

Sorry...
flap

Postby Tinker on Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:08 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby sitnaltax on Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:42 pm

sitnaltax

Postby choongmyoung on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:15 pm

Here's my most successful but failed run. I really need your comments.
I can't learn microscopic stratagies with only screenshots of successful run. When should I convert things, should I take that boon under this much piety, what glyphs I shouldn't pick up/convert, When should I not consume blackspaces, etc.
I want to veto tons of items to make my shops better >:(

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/m1YxAlnHfq0

EDIT: JUST DONE IT! I'll upload my vid soon!
choongmyoung

Postby choongmyoung on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:22 am

choongmyoung

Return to Desktop Dungeons