[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Game isn't working on browser

Game isn't working on browser

All things Desktop Dungeons

Game isn't working on browser

Postby Skyline on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:50 pm

Hello, first of all i know that there is at least 3 posts like mine, but i want an issue for that...

I cant play the game on web, i tested it on 3 different pc, on 3 different connections and with 3 different browsers (chrome, firefox and ie) so i dont really know what to do now...
The error is that i need to download and update unity player, without success
(I updated unity as asked but nothing new and i tryed 32 and 64 bits install but still nothing new...
I would like to thanks any of the persons that would answer me and make this post useless ^^
By the way, if any developper goes trough there, i would like to support the game by translating him into french language :)
(Yes im french, excuse my awkward english)
Skyline

Re: Game isn't working on browser

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:16 pm

I'm afraid the web version is pretty-much discontinued support wise. Most browsers have moved on from allowing the Unity web player to work seamlessly (there are thing you can do to get it working, but they're a hassle and they're prone to stop working whenever a new update comes out) and we're not going to be porting the game to the newer versions of Unity that have WebGL output.

My own webplayer has stopped working since the end of last month when I tested a new upload... :( If anyone has tricks to make it work again, I'm all ears.
dislekcia

Postby Skyline on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Do flash player need to be up to date?
I'm thinking about sending a request to unity staff but i dont think they care about just one page on the web isn't working...

The only thing available now is just wait?
Skyline

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:02 am

dislekcia

Postby Skyline on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:57 am

thanks for the informations, but i bought the game with the humble bundle, and i can play it on tablet and smartphone, but i cant have a steam key, so i cant play this game on my computer... wich is pretty embarassing ><

Is there a way to have a key to activate the game on my steam account or only available on smartphone?
Skyline

Postby dislekcia on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:52 pm

dislekcia

Postby zayyeh on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:38 pm

I always wondered, is it you who set the amount of the discount for such sales? Could you not give any discount at all during summer sale?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby dislekcia on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:09 am

dislekcia

Postby zayyeh on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:59 pm

Oh, just idle curiosity..
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby berpdreyfuss on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:46 am

The browser version seems to work in older firefox versions. There is a version of firefox 52 called "ESR" which is still supported in which the unity webplayer still works, don't know if it is secure to use that one, though. There is also a portable version of that if you don't want to mess with your up to date firefox install.
berpdreyfuss

Return to Desktop Dungeons