Complicated Tasks part 5 help!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Complicated Tasks part 5 help!

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:32 pm

I have beaten it 5 times without using glyphs, but all 5 times I won it I did not get the warmonger award or complete the quest. Upon further examination I found out I only get the warmonger award when I don't use or convert glyphs.

Can anyone beat the berserker camp with a wizard without using or converting glyphs, or am I going to have to wait till they fix the bug?

All and any help appreciated!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Complicated Tasks part 5 help!

Postby 232 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:12 pm

I remember doing it once with:
* Trisword
* Altar scout
* Swap mana for HP
* Allowance
* Perseverance badge

And worshipping Taurog, but it took some luck with getting more good items from the shops in the dungeon for either death protection or conversion. Best I can say is to start worshipping Taurog right at the start to maximise piety. Hit Bjorn to get him below 75% health, then explore just enough so that he's not berserking any more, give him one last hit then start relying on Taurog's death protection to save you.

Postby The Avatar on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:27 pm

I've done that but I can't get enough piety without glyph conversions.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby spoomak on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:25 pm

There must be a mistake somewhere because I just beat that quest yesterday and I did use glyph conversions.
spoomak

Postby Darvin on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Some people can't get the warmonger achievement if they convert glyphs, others can. It's a weird bug that doesn't seem to be consistant.
Darvin

Postby FDru on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:19 pm

I did a few test runs in hobbler's hold, seeing if this was only happening with certain glyphs. I didn't find one in particular but I did notice that I wasn't getting Warmonger if I picked up any glyphs. Converting them from the ground seems to always work.
FDru

Postby The Avatar on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:48 am

It worked!

Thanks a bunch FDru

The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons