[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Vemb on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Vemb

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:15 pm

AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:07 am

Vemb

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:37 am

AvovA17 asked me to share my daily experience, :)

Epic daily for me, lol, what can I say. I did manage to somehow survive to the end while getting into so much bad stuff.

First off, started with Dracul, so like Vemb, only difference was I had to sacrifice poison glyph to kill a level 2 snake (didn't want to attack it and get poisoned) and later a health potion to kill a level 1 zombie to avoid Dracul's punishment.

Level 2 was with JJ and I got poisoned, had no health potion, had to buy 1 from an early scouted potion shop (I did prep Apothecary so odds of finding a shop probably increased).

Level 3 with GG, I took humility and pretty much nothing to talk about here. Oh yeah, I remembered, I wasted quite a bit of resources trying to kill a level 5 zombie, keep miscalculating and in the end, I had to buy badge of honour to up my damage to kill it off, if not, I would continue wasting resources and not be able to kill it. The badge of honour did help to up my damage a little and I pretty much had it right until close til the end.

After that, I can't quite remember, all I remembered was there were so many times I had no choice but to take on higher level enemies since no low level ones suitable and running low (or no) food.

There was once level 3 (after humility) and I had to take on a level 6 zombie. Another time was I think level 4 or 5 or something with Dracul and I had to take on a level 8 Snake. Ended up having to use a potion to cure poison again.

Then there was a period, I think it was back to JJ, but got poisoned again and had no health potion (didn't find one yet). Ended up I took his refill boon (at 40 piety) and was lucky it was successful.

I also used up the free refill from the altar sub at some point, probably to take down higher level mobs, can't remember.

Pretty much, there was one whole period of time, level 5 or 6 to around 7 or 8, when I was poisoned and had no way to cure it, low food. And later I had to be punished twice by Dracul since I had no option but to kill undead for food.

Somehow managed to struggle on until the end, converting things left and right.

In the end I only had around 57 HP but thanks to fireball and witchalok, I somehow managed to take down the last 2 forms of the boss. Well, I was level 8 (took dracul's boon also, so level neutral) and close to levelling up, could easily do so by killing a low level zombie. Was with GG.

I managed to kill the first form with fireballs mainly. And later I made sure to push as much as I could while fighting the 2nd form, before I decided I had nothing to gain from staying with GG and killed to level up. Level up allowed me to use 1 more death protection from namtar's ward to continue with finishing off the 2nd form and I was with JJ in the end at level 9, so nothing much to gain from him.

In the end, I pretty much only had witchalok, namtar's ward, burn and imawal glyphs, lowish food (10 to < 30), 1 mana potion, enough gold to buy 1 more mana potion. Managed to squeeze out a win with help of fireball + witchalok combo allowing me to tank hits from the final form. I also could drink up remaining blood pools (5% sanguine) just for topping up my health to allow 2nd use of fireball + witchalok combo.

I did also take 1 mana boost from JJ so that probably also helped when I used some refills with GG when fighting the first form, improved mana gain from my mana potions used for final form also.

Morale of the story I guess would be to not give up. So many times, the odds were so stacked against me, but I somehow managed to persevere to the end.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:01 am

An epic win indeed.
Getting punished by Dracul twice and still winning with the goat is amazing.
I wish you were recording a video :).

I did have to convert 2 glyphs and use 5 potions early cause I was running out of food, and I had to kill higher
level enemies. But due to my prepped god I never had afflictions from JJ, MA provided me with some piety to survive my times in Dracul, and EM gave me the ways to spike the boss.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:56 pm

According to ~'(^ + ^)'~, this is how dedication looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/px7p1Bu

33 hours and 32 min :)

We had a weekend trip, so to not miss the daily I did this:
* started a VNC server on the desktop
* installed VNC client for Android
* connected to my desktop from the hotel and started the daily with some reasonable preps. :)

Then when we returned home the daily was happily running :)
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:44 pm

AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:04 pm

*Orc Priest in Northern Desert*

Very easy, just for fun I tried to get as much XP as possible. Probably not possible to get much higher with those preps.
Vemb

Postby Vemb on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:04 pm

*Goblin Assassin in Cursed Oasis*

Very easy, there is no need to even kill the Cursed Shade.

Unfortunately the game decided that I didn't finish it.
Vemb

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:49 am

* Goatperson in Shifting Passages *

Okay, I decide to start doing dailies again after my vacation, and the first one was yesterdays. Which I played horrendously, but still won because Paladin and Magma Mines aren't that bad. But goat and shifting passages? I'm not in any shape to deal with either of those yet.
Bwrgarbl

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons