[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Puzzle Packs!

Puzzle Packs!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Puzzle Packs!

Postby The Avatar on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:54 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I thinks we definitely need some more puzzle packs.

I think they should have a puzzle pack for all of the second tier classes and one more for the third tier.

Another cool thing is they could do a puzzle pack or just one puzzle for each god.

Any other suggestions or cool concepts for puzzles should be posted!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Puzzle Packs!

Postby Darvin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:36 am

I'd like to see more puzzles, too. Given how long we had to wait for Soko-Trolls (the first real puzzle pack) I don't think the puzzle-lovers amongst us will ever get enough to satisfy.

I would like to see a puzzle pack that focus on glyph use. In the odd Soko-puzzle where you were given a glyph, you had severe use limitations. I'd like to see one where you have 4 or 5 glyphs at your disposal and reduced glyph costs so you can cast them a lot. How much fun could you have with a 1-mana WEYTWUT combined with a 1-mana PISORF?
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:20 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby fall_ark on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:36 am

They should release a map editor so we can contribute. :P
fall_ark

Postby Darvin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:34 am

Oh, I certainly hope that one is forthcoming.
Darvin

Postby FDru on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:57 am

I can only imagine the horrors that some of you more hardcore players would come up with :P
FDru

Postby Darvin on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:29 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:19 pm

I hope they let you edit monster stats because then you could make an assassin puzzle that has an invincible boss which you have to assassinate. Or a warlord boss that deals massive damage. Or a rogue boss that deals massive damage with low hp. Man I'm just brimming with ideas! :D

The Avatar

Postby zeemeerman2 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:30 pm

I see some professional DD gamers switch from one god to another in the middle of a game. This is something many casual players don't do, as far as I think, being a casual player myself. Puzzles introducing god switching could be a good introduction for them to do that in real games.

To me, if a puzzle would encourage you to do something new in a secluded area, like a new strategy or something, which makes you say "Hey, I didn't think of that. Let's try that one in a real game!" are good puzzles.
Other examples are:
- Leveling in a mid-fight.
- Using CYDSTEPP, recovering 10 mana, fight till death (with death protection), using CYDSTEPP again, then kill the enemy.
- Using CYDSTEPP, recovering 13 mana, fight till death (with death protection), using CYDSTEPP again, using GETINDARE, first-strike kill the enemy.
- How to use APHEELSIK effective.
- How to use BLUDTOPOWA effective.
- An end-of-chapter exam, using all techniques learned through the whole puzzle chapter.
- Effective use of level catapult (or whatever it was called).
- You can only borrow so many items. Most of them are filled with items. To use new items, you have to convert older ones. But which ones? And when exactly...? (e.g. if you have 70/80 conversion points. Convert an item into 10 conversion points and receive 2 health potions (as a halfling). Do you want to convert it when you have full health? Then you can't use them and still can't pick up that new item (since health potions take in a slot of your inventory, even without another potion type).)
zeemeerman2

Postby The Avatar on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Where is the next update it's been like 3-4 weeks! Are they saving it all up for a puzzle update?

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons