Did I miss my chance for a Tri-Sword?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Did I miss my chance for a Tri-Sword?

Postby ironicmuffin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:13 pm

I keep seeing people talk about this, and saying it was from an early quest...

I'm pretty far into the game and I've never seen it. Did I miss it? If I did, is it now impossible to get?

Any tips on which quest line to go down? I started a new profile to see if I can find the quest it belonged to. It's kind of frustrating as I'm tackling these hard dungeons without very good preparations.

Thanks!
ironicmuffin

Re: Did I miss my chance for a Tri-Sword?

Postby q 3 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:37 pm

I believe it's unlocked by one of the easy quests (the ones with the same map icon as Hobb's Hold). If you've already completed that quest, it will randomly appear in dungeon shops for 25 gold.
q 3

Postby ironicmuffin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:43 pm

The ones with the exclamation marks?? I didn't realize those were quests....crap. I'll go try them now. How ridiculous.
ironicmuffin

Postby ironicmuffin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:08 pm

Whelp...you were right. Thanks a bunch. Found a few other items I was wondering about as well.

Devs, if you see this...some indication that there are rewards for the easy quests would have been very helpful in the earlier stages of the game. (If there are, and I just missed them, I'm sorry.)

Thanks!
ironicmuffin

Postby 232 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:07 am

All the available quests can be seen in the Tavern (visible after you've upgraded to gain access to the fighter class at the very beginning).

Postby ironicmuffin on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:05 pm

My tavern did not show any of the quests for the tiles next to the castle with the exclamation point on them. Do they get overwritten as other quests are taken on?
ironicmuffin

Postby FDru on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:43 pm

Pretty sure those dungeons don't count as "quests".

It wasn't obvious at first for me, either. They just change dungeons until eventually the only one left is Hobbler's Hold, and there's a new item reward for each one.
FDru

Postby dislekcia on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Those "easy" dungeons are randomly selected from a pool of dungeons that's populated by what you've currently got unlocked in the Kingdom. Think of them as tutorials of a sort... We'll be moving them away from the random 2-slot system at some point, but we needed a quick and dirty way for players to access them when they were initially designed.
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons